Japanese eShop Takes a Trip to Wario Land Next Week

Posted by James Newton

He's-a gonna ween

Japan's Super Mario Land trilogy reaches completion next week, as Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 reaches the Virtual Console.

Regarded as one of the best platformers on the Game Boy, Wario Land was OFLC rated so we expect to see it in Europe and North America pretty soon, perhaps even before Christmas.

Cross those fingers now.

[via nintendo.co.jp]

Link79

Link79 said:

The sooner this hits the e shop the better.
Then we can work on getting the rest of the awesome Wario land series!

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

Wario Land 4 is perhaps my all-time favorite 2D platformer, and yet I've never really played the first 3. Here's hoping the rest of the world gets it soon!

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

Finally, the quirky Mario Land series dies and is reborn into what it should have been all along.

WarioLand > SML * SML2 * 1000

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Neat. Here's hoping this and 3D Classics: Kid Icarus come before the end of the year. I've never played Wario Land, but I've heard plenty of good things about it and so I'm willing to give it a spin. I've always liked Wario games, so this will be a real pleaser.

LittleFuryThing

LittleFuryThing said:

Missed this game the first time when it was released, so this is welcome news.
Looking forward to this one. :)

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Tried it out and I dont like it as much as SML2. Probably wont be getting it, but we'll see. Any release is good - gets us closer to those GBC games.

Mario_maniac

Mario_maniac said:

"The game was rated by an Australian organisation, so hey, Europe and North America should see it soon!"

Sorry, I get the whole "dual release" thing with Virtual Console titles. But I just found it odd you didn't reference Australia or simply the PAL region, considering the source used was... well, Australian. :p Eh, nitpicking.

booker_steve

booker_steve said:

Ah that level where the spikey thwomp would chase you through a corridor, and the one where the lava would follow you. Horrifying moments of my childhood!

JoeDiddley

JoeDiddley said:

I still have this on my Gameboy. I will definately buy it again as soon as it hits the eshop in Europe.

pixelman

pixelman said:

Sweet. Seems like Nintendo is about done with the big first-party games on the GameBoy... Moving on to the GBC in 2012? :3

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

Awesome! I hope it doesn't take too long to reach the west as I think this looks like the best GB game.

Mikau94

Mikau94 said:

I never bought the Gamboy version, the Virtual Boy version was good enough for me. They should include a VB mode were everything is Red and Black. That's nostalgia.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

I cant wait for this to come stateside. I never had the chance to play this on GB I had the Virtual Boy version and I played the heck out of that one.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

@Mikau94 and @Tasuki This isn't the same as the VB Wario land game. They are two completely different games but I would like the VB Wario land game to get a 3DSvc release at some point.

MeWario

MeWario said:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss! Can't wait to download this as it is the only Warioland game I haven't played! There is a reason I only play as him on Mariokart, he rules!!!!

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

Aweomse news! I still need to take a nostalgiac trip down Quirky Lane with Super Mario Land 2 on the 3DS's VC, but Wario Land is going to blow it out of the Wavetastic water. B-) Anyways, I'm reallllly looking forward to WL2 & WL3 especially since i've never played either of the two.

Yet I actually own all three WL GB titles in cartridge formy' but i Rocksteady-refuse to play them on my GBColor because of the crappy lighting for the screen, and playing them on the GBA SP just doesn't feel right at all. :p Either i score a custom back light for my GBC for $100, or wait for the 3DS VC releases.

Monkeh

Monkeh said:

I'm so buying this if it's getting released in Europe.. even though I still have the original cartridge laying in my closet. :P

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

Best Game Boy game ever! And one of the best platformers ever created. :D

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

Would love to play this. Can't remember if I played it back in the day or not.

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

Better than SML1 and 2 but no match for the best console platformers, like Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World.

Tare

Tare said:

I vaguely remember the Wario Land games being hard when I when I was a tot...