Japanese eShop Gets Picross e Sequel Next Week

Posted by James Newton

Picture this

Japanese puzzle fans are well catered-for already on the 3DS eShop, with Mario's Picross on Virtual Console and the eShop-exclusive Picross e available too. Next week sees another picture puzzle crossword added to the store: Picross e2.

The 500 Yen download includes another 150 puzzles and a new Micross mode, where you're given a series of 10x10 grids that, once completed, unlock an illustration based on a famous painting.

Here's hoping we get both Picross e and Picross e2 in the western eShops next year.

[via andriasang.com]

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

James wrote:

Agreed. Totally agreed. I just love Picross that much.
There won't be any colour picross puzzles in it though, right ?
Wouldn't mind more 3D Picross from the eShop either. :)

Juampi

Juampi said:

I was just thinking about this game earlier today. I really, really love Picross, I hope this comes to NA soon!

nick_gc

nick_gc said:

Totally addicted to both Picross and Picross 3D. Hope we do get them.

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

@DidierFire (4.): :D
@James: Thought so. I just don't get why Nintendo won't at least release a small and cheap package of 'em and see how it's received. It should easily be possible on the eShop. It's the only way they can go if they want to bring something new to their Picross games imo. I'd so love to see that. Especially given how great their Picross games are in comparison to others on consoles and the PC.

Late

Late said:

I want more Picross games! Japan already gets sequel and we haven't even heard about releasing Picross e here.

JoeDiddley

JoeDiddley said:

I keep looking out for Picross e. I have played hours & hours of Mario's Picross, Picross DS & Picross 3D on my 3DS.
Surely Nintendo see this info & know there is a market from us all in releasing the eshop games.
Please please please.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

NICE!!

now i am glad i havent bought anything for a while. exactly 5€ left.
i will rage if this will be 6€ !!!

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

I think it should be noted that the Picross e games aren't published through Nintendo so that's likely why we haven't heard anything about them coming over yet.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Picross e 2? They are going all out on the Picross franchise, it seems! I want both!

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

@James (10.):Yupp, i've got Color Cross. (Animal Color Cross doesn't feature exclusive puzzles, right ? Just a selection of those found in the original Color Cross ?)
While it was nice to have same colour Picrosses on the DS something about the game's presentation and interface didn't click with me as much as the Nintendo games always do. I might be wrong here but i think you can't control ColorCross with the dpad and buttons which i always loved in Ninty's games.

Davva

Davva said:

You can never get enough Picross, I would definitely get this if the first or second version gets released here. Loved the gameboy (Mario Picross) and DS versions.

Henmii

Henmii said:

"Picross 3D owned my life"

And mine too! Actually I still play it from time to time since Nintendo still releases Contest puzzle packs (at least here in Europe). And I also put many, MANY hours into Mario's super picross on the Wii vc. Picross is awesome!