Europe Gets The Last Story on 24th February

Posted by James Newton

Are you ready?

Nintendo of Europe has confirmed that Wii RPG The Last Story will reach the continent on 24th February 2012.

The long-awaited RPG from Final Fantasy legend Hironobu Sakaguchi's Mistwalker studio includes online multiplayer for up to six players simultaneously, with Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Co-operative modes all included.

Expect to hear plenty more about The Last Story between now and 24th February.

CAN YOU BECOME A TRUE KNIGHT IN THE LAST STORY?

Nintendo announces the upcoming release of The Last Story, the action-packed RPG from Final Fantasy developer Hironobu Sakaguchi

8th December 2011 – The Last Story™ is the latest action-packed RPG to come from Hironobu Sakaguchi, available in Europe exclusively on Wii™ from February 24th 2012. The Last Story features time-honoured RPG gameplay and story elements but also adds modern twists to the traditional RPG formula. Customise your items and character and master the innovative combat system to succeed in this epic new RPG universe.

During The Last Story you take control of Zael and from time to time his partners, a band of mercenaries in search of their fortune. You undertake a series of missions and explore Lazulis Island and its sprawling medieval capital Lazulis City, while trying to help Zael achieve his ultimate goal of leaving his life as a mercenary behind and becoming a true knight.

The Last Story features a high level of customisation for both items and characters appearance. There are two main ways of customising your party’s equipment including visiting blacksmiths to increase their abilities and using dyes to change their colour. By visiting the various blacksmiths who are situated within Lazulis City and within some dungeons you can upgrade your weapons and armour.

Unlike many other RPGs, The Last Story not only features a thrilling single player campaign with an engaging story, but also Online Multiplayer options including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Co-Op modes. Now you can battle against or alongside up to five other RPG fans from across Europe using your own customised character from the Single Player game.

Master the innovative combat system, customise your character and gather items you discover throughout the game, and by utilising new features in The Last Story you will be able to take on the many enemies and bosses that can be found across Lazulis Island. Combat mixes traditional melee, ranged and magic attacks that are often found in RPGs with an innovative cover system and unique magical abilities. You will have to master a mysterious ability called The Gathering to help Zael and his band of mercenaries complete their missions and battle vast bosses by discovering their weak spots, picking a suitable strategy and using team work to bring them down.

The Last Story, the latest action based RPG from Hironobu Sakaguchi launches across Europe exclusively for Wii on 24th February 2012.

Cia

Cia said:

This is the last Wii game i'm gonna get., the last story of the console :P

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Sweet! I plan on finishing Xenoblade before I start the Last Story, got Xenoblade day 1 & I still haven't finished it after 90 hours of gaming awesomeness. Can't wait to try out the multiplayer options in the Last Story, though I don't like how the article doesn't mention anything about local multiplayer - oh well :(

sketchturner

sketchturner said:

This game seems to have the best graphics on the Wii [not comparing it to a stylistic game like Rayman Origins].

Shworange

Shworange said:

Come on last story! You can make it over to the states too! It's interesting that in the wii's final push (or shudder) the long awaited and absent (except a few) RPG's are emerging.

Rerun

Rerun said:

I hope NA gets this as well. Of the three titles in Project Rainfall, I'm really waiting for Pandora's Tower. But I'm getting this nonetheless.

Rerun

Rerun said:

Stine

Stine said:

I haven't bought Xenoblade yet (there's a chance I might get it for Christmas or my birthday), so I'll probably get that before The Last Story. But I personally think TLS looks more interesting.

AVahne

AVahne said:

Well we're getting Xenoblade in America, I bet it's guaranteed we'll get THIS and Pandora's Tower, too!
Now how about Fire Emblem 12 Nintendo? I've been waiting for that for over a year now.

Scissors

Scissors said:

North America will probably get this because it's most likely to sell more copies then Xenoblade. However Pandora's Tower is a different story, though I hope we still get it.

coyote37

coyote37 said:

Just finished Xenoblade (it's amazing, btw), hoping for Zelda for Xmas, then this in Feb. Looks like my next few gaming months are already mapped out for me :)

Urbanhispanic

Urbanhispanic said:

Well if Xenoblade made the jump to the US, then maybe there is hope The Last Story will come out here as well. The Wii needs all the good games it can get until this time next year.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Oh, that's pretty soon! If it's good I'll buy it. But it most likely will go on my "must play later" list, since there are quite some games I want to play. I have to finish Skyward sword, Xenoblade chronicles, Mario 3D land, etc.

motang

motang said:

I would love to play this game, but I am sure it's long shot on to have Nintendo bring this over to the US.