eShop Meets Its Samurai Sword Destiny on 5th January

Posted by James Newton

More swordplay on the way

We know what you're thinking. "Silly Nintendo Life editor," you scoff. "The 3DS eShop's upcoming swordfighting game is called Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword, not Samurai Sword Destiny." You roll your eyes and tut, forgetting we're the most knowledgeable people in the world when it comes to downloadable games on Nintendo formats.

Well OK, so we missed the announcement of Samurai Sword Destiny, but at least know it's coming to North America on 5th January 2012 for $5.99.

It's a pretty straightforward-looking scrolling hack and slash — it might not be Muramasa: The Demon Blade, but hey, what is?

[via nintendo.com]

CosmoXY

CosmoXY said:

I'll probably pass on this one, but will wait to decide until I read your review.

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

Review wait.

Nintendo is really hammering out these releases and deciding to take digital seriously. Reminds of the high quality games of Wiiware. Hopefully they don't have a drop off.

Only thing is what's going to be left for summer (digitals most important season) if they release all the marquee titles now.

Maggots

Maggots said:

these titles were probably slated for this summer... im sure there will be plenty titles for next summer

kingofe3

kingofe3 said:

Almost every week from here on out, there will be a new eShop game. Nice.

bonesy91

bonesy91 said:

can this be anymore of a ripoff of Muramasa :P but if it's good, I'll get it.

(saw screen shots for Muramasa if they were in 3D and it looked amazing! )

Birdman

Birdman said:

I'm detecting a slight amount of sarcasm in that first paragraph ...just a little.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

This could go two ways. It could be a fun, time-wasting beat-em-up, or it can be pure garbage. Philip J Reed, you're up. :D

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Not a big fan of the color saturation though. Looks like an old genesis game with bigger sprites.

Matillion

Matillion said:

Looks kinda choppy. I'm waiting for your review, Newton. Or any other staff member.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

It looks promising.

By the way, out of the two samurai sword games coming, who would've guessed that it's the one without the word "sakura" in the title where you play as a girl? ;)

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Okay, I'll admit that I watched the video before reading the article. At first I thought that this game was Sakura Samurai, thankfully it is not. Whew, crisis averted! :D

Robo-goose

Robo-goose said:

"we're the most knowledgeable people in the world when it comes to downloadable games on Nintendo formats."
Honestly, I don't think anyone can really argue with that.

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

James wrote:

I think I'd gone a bit mad when I wrote this.

So how can we make you mad a bit more often ? ;)