DSiWare Goes Commando in Steel Disaster on 22nd December

Posted by James Newton

Ten-hut!

Cinemax is best known for its Rytmik games but it's got something entirely different lined up for Europe in the next few weeks.

Commando: Steel Disaster is an old-fashioned run-and-gun shooter that saw a retail release in North America several years ago, but Cinemax and developer Mana Software are taking another shot at it with a DSiWare release.

The Metal Slug-like shooter arrives in Europe on 22nd December for 800 Points. Here's the latest trailer to load into your chamber.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

That looks like a fun metal slug clone. Seems a bit too slow compared to that game though. Hopefully it will have multiplayer. I'll keep my eye on the game till the review.

sykotek

sykotek said:

I already have the cart. Any notable additions that'll make this worth downloading?

Squid

Squid said:

It looks terribly easy, and the in-game sounds are pretty cheap. Doubt I would get this.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I agree with Retro, it looks too slow. Reviews tell me that it's average at best, too. [s]But if it's a good conversion, I might grab it so I don't have to break out a Neo Geo Pocket to play the only really good portable version of Metal Slug.[/s]

Was just informed that Metal Slug Advance is a good buy. Since I can get that for $8, I'm gonna have to pass on this.

shoopdawoop70

shoopdawoop70 said:

I love Metal Slug, but I'm wondering when they're gonna stop announcing DSiWare and START announcing 3DSWare. Lazy Devs...

C-Olimar

C-Olimar said:

Just an interesting note, the eShop in Europe has begun undergoing maintenance for the system update.

srhades

srhades said:

@8 really? better check the american one. i bet the update comes tommarow

accc

accc said:

Looks like a pretty shameless ripoff, but that can be forgiven if the game is well-made and fun to play.

motang

motang said:

I had this game on DS, but I traded it in for Metal Slug. I might get it again when it's on DSiware