3DS Ambassador GBA Games Out Friday in Europe

Posted by James Newton

Good news, everyone

After news of the Japanese 3DS Game Boy Advance Ambassador games we now have official confirmation from Nintendo Europe that the following games are on the way this week.

SpotPass notifications through the 3DS Ambassador certificate are rolling out from today.

From Friday 16th December 3DS Ambassadors in Europe will be able to download the following games for free:

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi’s Island
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Metroid Fusion
Wario Land 4
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames

We expect similar confirmation from Nintendo of America today so stay tuned.

We've updated our Ambassador program and free eShop games FAQ with this new information.

Thanks to Twitter follower BiiGSeaN86 for the SpotPass photo!

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

That is glorious news and timing. Excellent selection too, I can see myself spending good time on all of these titles.

James

James said:

iPruch

iPruch said:

This selection is awesome! I've beaten Zelda Minish Cap, Fire Emblem Sacred Stones and Metroid Fusion many times, but I'm glad they included them in the bundle so that people who never played them will be able to taste such a good trio.

Oh, and that Wario Ware... think about how addictive it is. Moreover, this game is perfect for quick games and you'll never have to bring the cartridge with you anymore as it's digital format now!

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

nice ive played fire emblem on wii im guessing the gb one will be good to because of the type of game it is.will we be going hunting for them in titles youve downloaded.

tripunktoj

tripunktoj said:

I own all carts except Fire Emblem, well regarded amogst gamers but I think there are many people like me who are not that into RPGs and would have prefered the more friendly M&LSS over FE . But I think we all agree WW twisted > WW and FZGPL > FZMV... at least I got 3 out of my 5 choices Minish Cap, Amazing mirror and Wario Land 4, nice to have em on 3DS

nick_gc

nick_gc said:

So much gaming love here. And all, technically, for free. So many games to play this Christmas. I've got Skyward Sword to finish, I'll be getting Professor Layton, Mario Kart 7, Super Pokemon Rumble and now these. Not to mention Boom Street in early January. Spoilt!

Terave

Terave said:

Well, I'm going on Holiday on Saturday and can't take a 3DS with me... NOOO! :( Still, good when I'm back. :P

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

now i am very happy that i havent bought zen pinball.

these GBA games will keep me entertained for a great amount of time :)

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 said:

C'mon Nintendo of America... Please confirm release at least on Saturday...or Christmas... Preferably before Christmas...

x10power

x10power said:

I hope the same games are available in the Americas. This is a awesome selection.

Nintendawg

Nintendawg said:

laugh
I can see Rebecca Black's "Friday" becoming all the more popular now.
that's a great list and wow, I haven't even unboxed several of those NES games yet...

Mr_DSi

Mr_DSi said:

Ah Kirby, Yoshi's Island, and Mario Kart bring back so many good memories of the countless hours I spent playing them on my GBA...

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

why no mario game

Because they are already available on the Wii. It just didn't matter to Nintendo that the NES games were already on the Wii since they had released a lot of them on the Wii already but with the GBA being a new addition to the Virtual Console lineup, it just makes sense not to repeat themselves. There would be more complaints if they had released GBA games they had already previously released the SNES versions of.

ImDiggerDan

ImDiggerDan said:

Can't wait to test out the eStore's new background downloading feature with these babies.

ThumperUK

ThumperUK said:

Damn you Nintendo, I now have another 10 brilliant games to try to play!! I'm already behind with MarioLand, Mario Kart 7, Cave Story, ZeldaSkyWard and Xenoblade, not to mention the previous 10 Ambassador games! I've also got to try to play these before Pandora's Tower and Last Story and Resident Evil and Luigi come out in Q1!!

In 20 years of gaming I've never had so many games hit me in the space of a couple of months!

Karakato

Karakato said:

22 free 3DS games in one year, and from Nintendo by all companies... well 24 if you're registered for Club Nintendo. Can't say Nintendo made a smart move with the 3DS release, but hey Free Games!!! And with the release of ten Spectacular GBA Ambassador releases (I'm looking at you Yoshi), I have a busy Holiday break ahead of me. Thank you Nintendo for the presents and Merry Christmas :D

skywake

skywake said:

@31 oh yeah, forgot about that. I've already tried it with Pullbox but should be interesting to try out with a lot of downloads at once. :)

Terave

Terave said:

I've always wanted that Zelda and Kirby game.. and now I can get them for free. :D

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Insta-downloads one and all!!! Brilliant news!!

BTW I only downloaded one NES game. I will still have 9 free downloads after this Friday. Will they be making more GBA and NES games availablre for free download?

Ai64

Ai64 said:

Awsome! Can't wait until Friday! 10 GBA downloads on it's way! :D

Monsti

Monsti said:

Awesome news! Some classics I want to replay and some games I never owned but always wanted to try. :) Really good.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Friday is my birthday....but I live in NA....release them here this week, Nintendo!!!!

Kage_88

Kage_88 said:

Awesome! Minish Cap!

I was planning on replaying this...now I just hope the Oracle games make their way to eShop...

Hoffkage

Hoffkage said:

Absolutely killer list.

Every game is fantastic and have a ton of replay value.

Late

Late said:

I own one of these already (Minish Cap), I've beaten 8 of them before and have never touched F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (I've never played F-Zero before) or Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (although I've played the other Fire Emblem on GBA). This seems to be a really nice selection although it lacks M&L:SS.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Now I hope that North America gets it immediately afterwards, if not on the same day. One thing's for sure, my 3DS menu will need some serious sorting since all ten of these games plus the ten NES games already in there will take up a lot of space. At least that space will be put to good use.

Lomprayah

Lomprayah said:

Are the initial 10 nes games you got on September 1st now on eshop so everybody can buy them?

nocdaes

nocdaes said:

Pleasantly surprised by the quality of this line-up.

Mario Kart was already widely reported and was the most exciting inclusion but now that we have Minish Cap confirmed, I think this takes the top spot!

Genuinely looking forward to revisiting both of these games over Christmas!

Stine

Stine said:

I'm so happy I could cry. Seriously, amazing selection of games! And the only ones I've played are Super Circuit and Yoshi's Island! This is the best early Christmas gift I've ever gotten.

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

King James said: "Most likely Friday but as everyone at Nintendo of America is asleep right now we won't find out for about two and a half hours, by my reckoning."

Unfortunately, there are some people at NoA who are ALWAYS asleep at the switch. Lately, NoA has developed an annoying habit of being last about things.

pixelman

pixelman said:

MINISH CAP. Yessssssss!! Oh, wow... I haven't played seven of these babies. Friday is going to rock.

Cengoku

Cengoku said:

I'm disappointed because that was the only way to get Wario Ware Twisted here :-/

Mikau94

Mikau94 said:

Nice, I'll come home from exams on Friday and play nothing but these and Skyward Sword until Christmas. :D

XyVoX

XyVoX said:

This selection is of a very high standard as most games were universally a 9/10 and certainly considered by many some of the ELITE titles for the GBA, i mean Mario Kart: Super Circuit had all of the SNES Mario Kart tracks within it aswell.

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Minish Cap is the best news I could have ever hoped for.
Now every GBA Ambassador will see how excellent it is.

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

That's an absolutely stellar list! Not one bad game in the bunch....not even one GOOD game in the bunch....they're all excellent, high caliber titles! Please NOA, give 'em to us on the same day...PLEASE!!!

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I was hoping that Warioware: twisted rumour would be true but this is still a great line-up and much better than the NES line-up.

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

Zelda - Minish Cap. One of my all time favorite games ;) Those of you who have not played it are in for a huge treat!

JoeDiddley

JoeDiddley said:

Wow, with the NES games they announced 5 great games then gave us another 5 ok ones.
These are all stellar. I haven't played any of them apart from Yoshi's Island so I am very excited. Especially for Wario 4 and also Maximum Velocity because I've never played a F-Zero game :)

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Ok next time when you say "Good news, everyone", you need to have a picture of Fonsworth instead, lol

Scissors

Scissors said:

Anyone else upset Super Circuit made the cut? I hated that game back then, and I'll dislike it now even more with MK 7 being released.

BJQ1972

BJQ1972 said:

I suppose there'll no doubt be comments saying why didn't we get this, why didn't we get that, but for me that is one hell of a selection. Something for everyone.

Bliquid

Bliquid said:

Gimme Zero Mission and Link to the Past in place of Wario games and it's a deal ,Nintendo.
Good list, anyway.

childofacid

childofacid said:

If I remember correctly, the US received the first 10 ambassador games a day early on August 31st.

SageofShadow

SageofShadow said:

Oh, how wonderful! Now, if only NoA can give this to us on Friday as well.
By the looks of it, it is going to be one of the best holiday seasons yet! The Nintendo 3DS definitely shines bright. I'm so excited to have all these games!

Popyman

Popyman said:

Ah sweet, I saw the list on another site and the subtitle for Fire Emblem was in Japanese so I wasn't sure which one it was. I LOVE Sacred Stones. The other one was too hard for me. :(

GARF13LD

GARF13LD said:

BEST... NEWS... EVER!!! I am so happy about Fire Emblem being on there as I bought it from eBay a few years back and the cart would always lose my saved games, so to have this now and be able to complete it is all kinds of wonderful.

skells33

skells33 said:

want time will we get these games (i in the uk so very happy 3ds player today)?

SageofShadow

SageofShadow said:

I'm glad Mario Kart: Super Circuit was included. I hope it has local multiplayer, I enjoyed this game a lot on my GBA. Any word on the wireless multiplayer capabilities of these games? Kirby & the Not-so-Amazing Mirror is also better as a multiplayer experience, I hope that Nintendo includes local wireless multiplayer. They had it with Four Swords Anny Ed. and it too was free, so I don't see why they should not also do it with these GBA Ambassador titles.

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

Did NoA even tell people when the NES games came out? I remember them just showing up in your account page.

NoA sucks. lol I expect them to just release them onto accounts and not tell anyone about it. Let sites like this do all the work...Lazy company arm.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

Wooot! My 3DS is overflowing with Zelda! 6 Zelda games at the same time when I include this! This year it has been mostly putting myself up to date with Zelda, but I think I'll leave Minish Cap for when I've finished Skyward Sword, which I'll get in Christmas.

Hardy83

Hardy83 said:

I'm not complaining. I'm trying to remember if NoA actually said anything when they released the NES games.
Just because I have little faith in anything NoA does, doesn't mean I'm specifically complaining about anything. lol

Jumpman

Jumpman said:

I've only played Mario Kart and Super Mario, but those other games sound incredible.

Hokori

Hokori said:

its weird when I was younger I lost my copy of WarioLand 4 (IDK if I sold it or what...) so thisll be great getting it "back"

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

amazing! line up! I'm sooo freakin' happy right now! I'm so glad Zelda fire emblem and F-zero are there! So glad to see Nintendo hasn't forgotten about F-zero yet. :D Please come out Friday in America too. This will be the best day ever.

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

what about the multiplayer options? mario kart, mario advance, f-zero had it

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

Good selection of games. I've already got most of them but I've never played the GBA version of the original WarioWare Inc. (I've only got the Gamecube version), Fire Emblem or Kirby & The Amazing Mirror (the only Kirby game I haven't played!), and it'll be fun to play some of the others again like the original Mario vs Donkey Kong, so still looking forward to this weekend :)

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

James, I wasted what was left of my battery today and the recharge is finished. If I'm going to find anything it will be soon, other wise, good night, or maybe I should say good morning because of time zones

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

The Ambassador games are up for download! (in Australia anyway)

Follow the same process as you did with the NES games. i.e. Settings > Titles You've Downloaded

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

Still waiting for my notification ;/ @BenAV Have you played Minish Cap before? It's one of my favorites ;) And I can't wait to play it again on my 3DS ;)

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

I'm just glad Nintendo finally made good on their promise. It's a shame they didn't release M&L: Superstar Saga...

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

@Cengoku (57.): I was lucky back then because long after i had lost all hope of ever owning it i saw it new in a shop in the Netherlands. Somhow i didn't want to import back then but i'd say that's still an option for you. :)

Winter

Winter said:

Awakened to the amazing thing that I could finally download!!! :-D

Playing Yoshi's Island now. Thank you lovely Nintendo!!!! This was so worth the price, I would have paid full price for the 3DS over and over for this!! And I will pay for more future quality games, GBA, GBC and GB everything! Game Gear... You sell, I pay......;)