Sneaking, Scoffing and Soccer in Rhythm Thief Trailer

Posted by James Newton

The game that has it all

SEGA's Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure is one of the more... original looking titles on the way to 3DS in the coming months, as the new gameplay video below ably shows.

From playing football (soccer) in the street to pulling poses to blend in with topiary, the game rivals even Elite Beat Agents for oddness, and looks all the better for it.

Excited gamers in North America and Europe can expect to play Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure early next year.

[via andriasang.com]

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

it almost looks like Rhythm Heaven but put to a story — random instances with having to match poses, playing soccer, dancing in time with the CPU, etc. and so forth. will definitely be picking this up!

Late

Late said:

Looks very interesting. I'm pretty sure to pick it up sometime when I have money, time and no other (better) games to purchase.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

this is one of the reasons why SEGA is my second fav developer to nintendo- they have their own unique characters and different types of games. in an age of 3rd person shooters, it's games like that one for e.g. that makes me want to enjoy playing video games.

it looks great, interesting concept and i hope it plays really well. :-)

Scissors

Scissors said:

I'm so excited you don't even know, you don't even know, you don't even know do you? How excited i am, do you?

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

It somehow reminds me of those Secret Agent Clank mini-game moments but with better music. I'm intrigued.

Squid

Squid said:

Woah, it's like Rhythm Heaven and Elite Beat Agents mixed into one funky dance party. I might actually be crazy enough to get this (depending on the reviews and what else is out at the time).

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

I'd even call it Rub Rhythm Agents since it seems to have the amazing quirkiness of Sega's DS games Project Rub & The Rub Rabbits!. Can't wait to hear more 'bout this game. :)