Japan Gets His 'n' Hers Wii Remote Plus Bundle This Month

Posted by James Newton

The perfect match

While the rest of the world rejoices in the gold Wii Remote Plus included in the limited edition of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Japan is also getting a double pack of MotionPlus-packing controllers this month.

The set of two controllers — one pink, one blue — launches across the country for a pretty reasonable ¥5,800, equivalent to around £48, $75 or €56. Plus, you know, they're blue and pink.

Let the Wii Sports Resort battle of the sexes commence.

[via nintendo.co.jp]

SLiM

SLiM said:

My wife uses her Pink Wii remote. As of yesterday I will now ALWAYS be using the Golden Wii remote :)

RudysaurusRex

RudysaurusRex said:

This thread caused me to get depressed about my loneliness and I committed suicide yesterday. JK.

chiptoon

chiptoon said:

I love that these will remain relevant once WiiU is released. I would hate to have to put away my lovely gold Wiimote anytime soon.

motang

motang said:

Planning on getting rid of my Wii remote & motion plus dongle for a Wii remote Plus, got the gold Zelda one yesterday but I don't want to use it. :)

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

Hey man, using the Pink Wii Remote to play Kirby's Epic Yarn and Return to Dreamland is a must. B-) :p It's a sweet fit hehe. Personally I really want the blue one, looks totaly awesome!

AutumnShantel

AutumnShantel said:

Aw it'd be cute, except my boyfriend prefers racing games on the HD systems... oh well, the blue is kinda girly looking anyways.

Nintendaholic

Nintendaholic said:

HanuKwanzMasBif

HanuKwanzMasBif said:

I'm one of the younger gamers here (I was born after OoT), so I have an excuse for not having a girlfriend. But I could still use some Wii Remote Plus...s. Plusi? Plusii? Hey, that last one works.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

I'm not going to use the blue one. I'll be using my new GOLD REMOTE. and @mariosmyhero: LOL, neither did I and the normal version no longer include the music CD. I'm glad I pre-ordered.

SkywardLink98

SkywardLink98 said:

@1 Eh, so what if we don;t like those colors, it's a smart marketing tactic from nintendo. Or the'll get some group after them calling them Sexist. It could go either way...

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Reminds me of the blue and pink controller cords I bought shortly after Wii launch to differentiate the player 1 and 2 controllers (which were both whhite btw).

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

"i didnt know you had to preorder for the gold wii mote so after looking for it at 5 stores someone finally told me"

Actually, you didn't have to pre-order. They just sold out quickly in the stores.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I actually bought blue and pink Wiimotes (w/ the Plus dongle) last year for my wife and I when Just Dance 2 came out. I wouldn't call selling a 2 pack for $75 "reasonable" now though.