Classic and Modern Mario Stages Step Onto Fortune Street

Posted by James Newton

World 1 awaits

Nintendo and Square Enix team-up Fortune Street is bringing the best of both franchises to its world of board games, with new screenshots showing some of the familiar sights you'll be trying to conquer with the upcoming Wii game.

The game takes in spots of Mario history, starting from the classic World 1 from Super Mario Bros. and going right up to Starship Mario from Super Mario Galaxy 2. In between there's a spot of Isle Delfino, Mario Circuit and more.

Fortune Street is out next month in North America, with a European release — under the name Boom Street — set for 6th January.

SLiM

SLiM said:

I actually fired up Super Mario Sunshine a few weeks ago. Was nice to see good ol' Isle Delfino again :)

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Yeah, definitely getting this...wonder what the character roster is. I wanna play as Dry Bones, lol. (if not, Wario is fine. >.>)

Punny

Punny said:

Square-Enix really know how to replicate Mario locales. These replicas look great!

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

... wow, they are reusing character art from past Mario Party 8 and even DDR Mario Mix (Luigi, at least) for Mario characters...

I'm not going to make a big deal out of it.. but I think they should make new character art like they did in Mario Hoops 3-on-3..

Anyways, Yoshi's Island looks beautiful. And this game sounds fun. Find it weird how it's not out in Japan yet.. I thought i was already...

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

Ah well...I'll just stick with Wario or Bowser Jr then. lol
Wish the English site would give us more info on this game though. >_>

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

i think this is going to turn out to be a good game- definitely was a surprise when this was announced earlier this year. different, yet hopefully very enjoyable as well.

Robo-goose

Robo-goose said:

Am I the only one who, when reading the headline on the news page, thought a real life town was going to be designed after a Mario Sunshine stage?

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

I don't understand this game. I want to. 'Cause I think I might like it. But so far... nope.

Alpha2797

Alpha2797 said:

Fortune Street reminds me of the Command Board game from Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. Is Fortune Street exactly like the command board game? If it is then I know what game I'm gonna get in December.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

This sounds like Mario Party meets Monopoly with Dragon Quest characters added. It sounds interesting, so I might get it for Christmas, but it might also depend on reviews too. Those screenshots of Starship Mario look like they came right out of Super Mario Galaxy 2.