Bionic Commando Swings to Japan's 3DS VC Next Week

Posted by James Newton

Who's next?

Capcom's already put two Game Boy titles on 3DS Virtual Console in the West — Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge and Gargoyle's Quest — and next week it adds a third title over in Japan: Bionic Commando.

We already know the game is heading to the West in "Quarter 4" thanks to an announcement in August, so hopefully it won't be too long until we can grapple with Rad Spencer and his mechanically enhanced limbs.

[via nintendo.co.jp]

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I haven't played this one in a long time. Might pick it up just for old time's sake. :D

Link79

Link79 said:

I haven't played any of the Bionic Commando games.
Always wanted to though. Is this one pretty good?

Shworange

Shworange said:

I have the NES version. I still play it and love it! I never played the gameboy version and will get it ASAP!

HP_3

HP_3 said:

This is good news! I never played the gb version either. Why did Nintendo allow Capcom to release this version of the game on VC, but said no to the original being released on the Wii VC?

Kevin

Kevin said:

I've got Capcom Classics Mini Mix so I won't be getting this one but it was a good port.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Never played Bionic Commando so may download it when it is released here. Once this gets released here, that leaves Capcom with Street Fighter II and Mega Man II - V to release on the Game Boy before they're done. I won't count their Disney games due to licensing issues.

PeterW77

PeterW77 said:

I just wish they would release the NES version for me to play on the Wii.

Ryno

Ryno said:

5. HP_3 09 Nov 2011, 12:29 GMT

Is this true? Why would they do that? Also, is the like the original NES game just remade for Gameboy or a whole new experience?

HP_3

HP_3 said:

@Ryno
Capcom asked Nintendo to release the NES version of Bionic Commando on the Wii VC, but Ninty told them no. This was before the new HD Bionic Commando was released for PS3/360. I think it had something to do with that.