Battle of the Elements is Actually a Cute DSiWare Puzzle Game

Posted by James Newton

Surprised?

Battle of the Elements is a new puzzler from EnjoyUp Games and Barcelona studio Undercoders, and it looks a lot like this.

You hold the DSi book-style and must line up elements so they disappear. It all looks fairly standard stuff, but it could be worth a play. We'll find out when it's released in the coming months.

Can you save the planet? The Legendary Elements are the key to face human destruction, but they have to be mastered to unleash their power!

Get ready to travel around the world facing the most powerful characters in intense battles of elements, where you'll need to think as fast as you move your stylus in order to earn the victory.

Follow the story of your favourite character in the quest to find the Legenday Elements, solve 40 mind bending missions or break the score record in a marathon.

The world's destiny is just one step ahead!

Features:

• Story mode with 8 selectable characters
  • 40 mind bending missions to solve before time runs out
  • Achieve the highest score in an endless marathon mode
  • 2 Player VS mode
  • Original storylines, endings, dialogues and voice acting for each character
  • Guided tutorial to easily introduce the “easy to learn but hard to master” game mechanic

Hejiru

Hejiru said:

So is this based on the four classical elements? (Water, Air, Earth, Fire) I've always like that concept, but this seems like just another generic puzzle game to me. But I look forward to hearing more about the gameplay; I may change my mind.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

This reminds me of a slightly different bust-a-move. Then again, I've never played that, so I would only know from visuals.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

You quite like the Magical Drop games don't you, EnjoyUp ? ;)
But even if it looks to draw heavy inspiration from these that's far from a bad thing. Especially since i don't know any game like this on a DS system. Also special nods to the Panel De Pon / Meteos styled blocks. :)

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Magical drop-esque. Not bad, not brilliant by the looks of it. I love match 3 but I have it coming out of my ears on ware.

Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

It looks a bit like Puzzle Quest, only more frantic. I loved Puzzle Quest, but my favourite part was that you had all the time in the world to think over your next move, so I think I'll pass on this one.