Austin, Texas Gets In On the Mario Launch Love

Posted by James Newton

Spreading far and wide

After San Diego and New York, where else can Nintendo go to spread the word about Super Mario 3D Land? How about Austin, Texas?

On 7th November Nintendo will take a host of Tanooki Marios to the Republic Square Park in Austin, TX for an impromptu (as in "extremely rehearsed") performance of a surprise nature. Still hoping for the Macarena.

AUSTIN ON ALERT FOR MASS MARIO SIGHTING AT REPUBLIC SQUARE PARK ON NOV. 7
Consumers Enjoy a Surprise Performance to Celebrate Upcoming Launch of Super Mario 3D Land Game

WHAT: Be on the look-out in your city for dozens of Marios dressed in Tanooki ears and tails to celebrate the upcoming launch of the Super Mario 3D Land™game for the Nintendo 3DS™hand-held system. Marios will leap from the Mushroom Kingdom into the real world for a special one-time appearance that Austin-area consumers won’t want to miss.

Super Mario 3D Land is the first Mario™ game created for Nintendo 3DS and launches on Nov. 13. It is the next evolution of Mario game play with the return of the fan-favorite Tanooki Mario, the game uses 3D visuals to deliver classic Mario action with enhanced depth, distance and speed, all without the need for special glasses. To date, more than 262 million Super Mario games have been sold around the globe, making it one of the world’s most widely enjoyed video game series.

WHO: Dozens of Marios, consumers of all kinds
WHEN: Monday, Nov. 7 Between 12:30-1 p.m.
WHERE: Republic Square Park (adjacent to North Congress Ave.) 422 Guadalupe St., Austin, TX 78701
VISUALS:

• Consumers enjoying surprise performance by a dozens of Marios
  • Fun opportunities for highly visual b-roll and photography

Sh00kst3r

Sh00kst3r said:

>Knows only about NY and San Diego
>Sees the word Texas
>Screams like a Twilight fangirl
Awesome. I can't wait. :D

tertium_quid

tertium_quid said:

They need to do more stuff like this in Washington state. I mean after all, NOA is based here.

Super-Mario-Fan

Super-Mario-Fan said:

Why! I am a really big Mario fan and I love Mario games but its really depressing to know that I cant go to this! What do these people have against Chicago were I live! Chicago is a pretty big city? I really want to go to this! =(

Thwiidscube

Thwiidscube said:

"Will you be there?"

Unfortunately not, I live in Alabama, and Nintendo would never show something like this to an Alabama city.... :(

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

If this were Dallas or New Orleans, I would probably make the trip. Texas is a huge state and Austin is simply on the wrong side. Shreveport, La is the right size to have shops for everything, but no major events ever happen here. :(

PoTher

PoTher said:

Sweet, not too far from me. Hope it offers more StreetPass opportunities.

SuperAustinite

SuperAustinite said:

I saw 20+ matching Super Mario's walking down Congress avenue this morning with moustaches and big fluffy tails. Now I know what it was all about!

p.s. what kind of comment spell checker doesn't know the correct spelling of "moustache"?

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@SuperAustinite: We don't have a 'comment spell checker'...? what you're probably seeing is your own browser's built-in spellcheck. I'm sure you can turn it off in your browser's options if it bothers you. :3