Unreleased N64 Game Glover 2 Surfaces Online

Posted by James Newton

The sequel that never was

N64 platformer Glover may have been lost in the sea of other 3D platformers that flooded the system, but it's got nothing on its sequel.

Glover 2 was never finished, but in 2010 a prototype version of the game made its way to eBay, allowing the world to see Interactive Studios' unreleased sequel.

Check out the video below of the little glove that could but, sadly, didn't.

[via nesworld.com]

Shock_Tart

Shock_Tart said:

wow, an onion, tomato, and a mushroom turns cross stitch evil agian? i can see why they stopped making the game it had a really weak storyline. the first glover didnt have much of one either but at least it had a stronger basis than that. some of the new stuff u could do in it looks pretty fun but thats about it.

Bankai

Bankai said:

I remember really enjoying the original for whatever reason. I would have got this, I reckon.

SqueakyTheBone

SqueakyTheBone said:

Amazing how the lack of music makes everything seem so eerie, given how bright and colourful it is.

Or uh, maybe thats just me.

sykotek

sykotek said:

I love seeing unreleased games. This one reminds me a bit of Banjo, but with a weird blue chicken that speaks through burps and farts.

Link79

Link79 said:

I never tried the first Glover but was always curious if it was any good.
So was it?

Shock_Tart

Shock_Tart said:

the first one had its moments, basic game i proabally wouldnt give it more than a 6 out of 10. thats being kinda generous

Incognito_D

Incognito_D said:

why is it that the Nintendo 64, more than any other console, always seems to yield the most intruiging beta material?

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

I could've sworn I had played a demo of Glover back in the PS1 days around 12 years ago...

My memory ain't the best, but I'm amazed that I happened to remember this. :D

Grackler

Grackler said:

I almost loved the original, but my PAL cartridge had a bug where once you passed the 3rd world (of 6), if you turned off the game the save file would delete itself entirely! The only way to see the end was to enter the (fart and burp noise) cheats or play worlds 4-6 in one session. Still, had a neat central mechanic, and some very jaunty pirate tunes. Very. Jaunty.

WanderFan91

WanderFan91 said:

I liked the original Glover (I've only played the PlayStation version; though I feel like I need to try to original Nintendo 64 version, too, which I looked up was superior to the Sony version). Had Glover 2 been released, I think I would've liked it too. The video footage I just saw was really good: I like how Glover has a few more moves than in the first game (when I saw him turn into a red boxing glove, I was like, "Wow, that's cool!"), and I like how it tried to take after Banjo-Kazooie (in terms of dialogue boxes). It's just too bad that Glover 2 could never be.

Sonic1994CD

Sonic1994CD said:

The talking bits seem like there a mix of animal crossing, banjo kazooie, and conkers bad fur day. Also those black birds kind of look like the angry bird.

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

Pie loving Gloves
Farting blue chickens
and you get to play with ballz

Sounds like my kind of game

Knux

Knux said:

I remember renting and playing Glover as a kid on the N64. It was a pretty enjoyable game. I am surprised that there was a canned sequel though.

Syrup

Syrup said:

I remember this game. I bought the first one at a local pawn shop. you control a wizards glove, who is trying to bring his master back, after an accident that turned him to stone. His other glove, which is evil, is trying to stop you from collecting these green gems that will turn the wizard back.

I wish that they remade this game on the 3DS, it was very fun, but really frustrating.

ogo79

ogo79 said:

if you go to unseen64.net you can see a lot of unreleased games there

Kage_88

Kage_88 said:

I was addicted to the original as a kid; but I remember finding too hard, so I played through while cheats were activated...Ah good times.

Infernapeking

Infernapeking said:

I actually owned this game apart of my 20 games collecton for the N64. Man I was the only playing it cause of the difficulty with Ball. But is was a great game. I would love to see a 3DS sequel. The 3D effect could make a lot easier with the ball. I played the first one. Never played second one but if port it to 3DS I will play it.

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

Im surprised no one noticed the coin sound is taken from Super Mario Bros. I like the elements of Banjo-Kazooie in this, and I think this would have probably been better than the original Glover because of it. I would give this game a chance, and I wonder what the music would have been.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Ah cool!: A prototype of the never finished sequel to one of my favorite N64 games. Glover!

For a prototype it looks quite polished. It's definitely Glover already!

However, the gameplay looks very boring. It looks like the ball-rolling takes a serious back seat. And it was the ball-rolling that made Glover original and fun in the first place!

I still would love a sequel though on the 3DS or Wii u!