StreetPass Mode Shown in Super Mario 3D Land Vid

Posted by James Newton

More to share

Nintendo just released a new video sharing a little information about the StreetPass mode in surefire Christmas hit Super Mario 3D Land as well as some of the other recently announced features and characters.

The local sharing function allows players to exchange so-called "Mystery Box" levels with each other. These stages are single boxes containing power-ups and enemies, with the idea being to collect the items and dispatch the enemies, of course. Some give you 1-Ups, others offer Star Medals or just regular power-ups, so here's hoping there's a decent variety of sharing ahead to make StreetPass worthwhile.

JettiBlue

JettiBlue said:

Aww this is the cutest Mario game ever, I just love those colorful grafics!
Really have no better idea what that Mystery box is about, it IS mysterious. hehe

Grackler

Grackler said:

I wasn't entirely sold on this, even after playing the demo-y bit, seemed lacklustre compared to the awe-inspiring Galaxy 2. This cheerful trailer has got my excitement levels up though, bring on 18th Nov, Nintenday!

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

So with every person you pass that has a minigame cube you don't have, you swap that with the one you completed that the other person can play? I guess that means that there will be plenty of opportunities to get 1-Ups. Nov. 13 feels like it's around the corner!

motang

motang said:

Still on fence for this one, I know I will get it but now when it comes out.

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

Maybe I'll have more luck getting streetpass hits with this, i've had a grand total of 1 on dead or alive dimensions and 1 on streetfighter 4.
Not exactly inspiring.

Still, I think I'm going to have to wait until christmas to get this.

bro2dragons

bro2dragons said:

Sounds like the mystery boxes are going to be small, short, high-action experiences you'd probably replay as time trials?

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

The mystery boxes seem like a decent addition but nothing that exciting. That trailer overall was great though!

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

Cool trailer! Maybe N will fix the Streetpass, to make it work in an @ home-3DS-connected-to-the-internet-type setting. Edit: Actually, Nintendo making an online hub to meet, talk, & game w/ friends, while you're at home would make the 3DS more versatile, & neat! :)