Rumour: The Darkness II Planned for Wii U

Posted by James Newton

Going bump in the night

The third-party software line-up for Wii U looks pretty good already, especially if you like shooting, and now according to VG247 another decidedly hardcore shooter is on its way to the system.

2K's comic book adaptation is on the way to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC in February 2012, but VG247 also reports the publisher is planning a Wii U version as well.

Would you be willing to brave the darkness on Wii U's touch screen controller?

[via vg247.com]

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

I remember seeing a trailer for the original, but I didn't hear much outside of it. It seemed kind of mediocre.

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

At least the original was trying something kind of different from the norm amongst the dozens of war headed FPS's, but based on the demo....Yaaa, it was pretty mediocre. Can't say i care about Darkness II, unless it offers Wii Pointer controls aka The Wii Remote/Plus for aiming.

TheKingOfTown

TheKingOfTown said:

I mixed this up with Darksiders II for a second, but then I realized it was Darkness, not Darksiders II.

zeeroid

zeeroid said:

Not so much interested in the ports, really. Not unless they really give me a reason to believe the Wii U version is superior.

Burn

Burn said:

I'm just happy the technology is finally on par with PS3/360. If 3rd party developers are willing to port games like this, I can definitely see a future for the Wii U.

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

Would rather much have a Witchblade or Angelous game. How the spin-off gets a game before the main series excapes me.

Who or a Fighting game based on Artifacts.

SpaceKappa

SpaceKappa said:

The original was a pretty ok game (I got stuck and didn't finish it) so I'm not super stoked for the sequel, but I see it as a good sign that all of these third-party developers are supporting Wii U. It'd be very easy for them to brush it off and stick to the status quo, but it's nice to see Wii U being thought of as more of a "contender" than the Wii was.

Kage_88

Kage_88 said:

I'm not really interested personally, but it's a good sign for Wii U 3rd party support.

timp29

timp29 said:

Again love the caption. But you could even make it 'Cheer up emo kid'

aesupreme1

aesupreme1 said:

As someone who played through the entirety of The Darkness, I am excited that the sequel is coming to the Wii U. The demo was not indicative of the entire game, as it was a fresh take on the FPS genre. In addition, the original had a great story that actually made you care about the characters within the game (particularly the girlfriend Jenny).

Although the sequel is being produced by a different company, the game looks good from the preview videos released thus far. Finally, regardless of whether you like the game or not, the more 3rd party developers at launch, the better...

Nintendoro

Nintendoro said:

Changed my mind, ladies and gents. Darkness 2 graphics will look more like cartoon game now. Very disappointing for me. For that reason alone - I'M OUT

moosa

moosa said:

Please don't call a game "hardcore" because it has realistic-style graphics. lol.