Pokedex 3D Update Unlocks Content For You

Posted by James Newton

It's all here

Free 3DS download Pokédex 3D is one of the more compelling reasons to use SpotPass: new monsters are sent to your console every day, and all you have to do is switch on and collect them. The more monsters you collect, the more you can do with them, with some features locked away until you collect a certain number of character stickers. Now there's a new update for the game that means you don't have to scan stickers compulsively to access certain features.

A new update for the game — available through the menu's "update" option — unlocks a host of options that would normally be hidden, adding a pause button to previously discovered Pokémon and several new options to the AR Viewer which would normally require as many as 150 stickers to unlock.

It doesn't add any new Pokémon so there's still that reason to keep playing, and you can choose not to make the locked content available if you so choose.

[via officialnintendomagazine.co.uk]

EarthboundBenjy

EarthboundBenjy said:

I can't get the last few Deerling and elemental monkies because I only have one 3DS and I don't know anyone with Pokédex 3D, and even if I did, I don't know if they'd have the monsters I need. ....Completion will have to wait until I get another 3DS in the way way future, I guess.

Mahe

Mahe said:

Out of my ~20ish Spotpass connections, none have added anything to the Pokédex.

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

@Mahew: Same here, but I also have, like, 114 Pokémon total... but I've also had almost 50 StreetPass hits... what the heck indeed... x.x;;

EarthboundBenjy

EarthboundBenjy said:

Pokédex doesn't do StreetPass. You need to actively send data to someone else, while the recipient selects "receive data" in the Pokédex. And they lock you out on the other Deerling and monkies just so you're forced to use this feature.

Morphbug

Morphbug said:

Funny but I used to get pokemon via spotpass everyday. What ware you guys talking about?

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

i have all of them now i just never bothered to go on the internet page i saved to get the stickers to actually consider it complete :P

and thats done with out me doing the streetpass thing

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

i liked this but after i got 108 pokemon they stopped coming.so was a bit of a bummer

Omenapoika

Omenapoika said:

@15. daznsaz I'm not 100% sure, but my pokemon didn't start coming until I viewed some AR-markers. And yeah, also only until certain point, so I guess it's got to do with the AR-markers somehow...

@1. MasterGraveheart considering the size of the game, most of it must be the 3D-models of the pokemon and their animations. I guess having over 600 instead of what it is now would take almost three or four times more data :D ...not that it's a problem for me, but it's not an updatey thing really

LordAndrew

LordAndrew said:

Does this update fix the problem where Pokédex 3D no longer receives SpotPass updates at all? Couldn't hurt to find for myself.

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

The pokemon can keep coming but towards the end it can take maybe 10 minutes before it works out which pokemon you get or at least that happened to me

Luffymcduck

Luffymcduck said:

Lol, 6 of my friends have 3DS but none of them have the water monkeys. Also missing few Deerlings and Sawbucks.

LordAndrew

LordAndrew said:

Is it supposed to take months to receive the Pokémon? Because that's how long it's taking for me.

lalalalalalal

lalalalalalal said:

Ok, this is off topic, I think on friday CUT THE ROPE for dsi ware is out on the eshop in North America! FINNALY!

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

Ooh, I'll be sure to update. Hopefully the National Dex will come in the future :)

Punny

Punny said:

I had most of these features unlocked already, but this will get me all of the Pause Buttons, something I want for 100% completion. Thank you, Nintendo and The Pokémon Company! :)

Jamouse

Jamouse said:

Hopefully they will add the Kanto dex for anyone who buys Red and Blue for VC, Johto Dex for Gold and Silver, Hoenn for people who have a save file of that Ruby/Saphire remake, and for the sinnoh... Meh, who cares about sinnoh.

timp29

timp29 said:

Good, I'm up to 150 odd pokemon and getting the last few is requiring some annoying scanning.

EagleSoul

EagleSoul said:

I bet they'll release national Dex for 5 bucks... I would probably buy it for that :

siavm

siavm said:

It still won't let me download the last three I need to complete it.

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

spotpass (generally) will only work best in very highly populated cities. It's a numbers game, you'll have to be the right person (someone with a 3ds and both turned on (2 conditions there), haveing played the right games (1 condition), BOTH with the same spot pass settings set (1 condition), both with different data to exchange (ie not the same pokemon..) (1 condition), both haveing played the same game within a reasonable amount of time (1 condition).... that's a lot of conditions to meet before successful exchange... Peggle is the same, if every one shot hits 3 pegs( average), you can't lose, even without aiming, but those condition must be met to win... same concept here. but with two 3ds systems instead of pegs and balls. Your chances of hitting the lotto might be better.

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

would have worked better if each 3ds system carried data (skipped off yours) from previous connections also.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

I honestly haven't gotten a new Pokemon for my Pokedex in months. Did I "Catch them all" or is it just being stupid for me?

I also still don't understand how to use the AR Card feature on it. Why couldn't they just let us use the regular AR Cards with it.. I dunno where to get those Pokemon ones.

Popyman

Popyman said:

I still don't understand how that thing works....The animations and graphics of the Pokemon are amazing though.

fxtek76

fxtek76 said:

not the QR codes the acual AR card with the pokeball on it that works like the question mark AR cards that came with the 3DS

Aqueous

Aqueous said:

@fxtek76 - I've heard Nintendo gives them out at events, I think I have heard of three of them reshiram, zerkom and hydregion