Nintendo Download: 27th October 2011 (Europe)

Posted by James Newton

Trick or treat?

With the most frightful night of the year just around the corner, Nintendo of Europe has put together a platter of mysterious gifts. Will they be sweet as candy or as welcome as rotten eggs through your letterbox? Time to find out.

3DS Virtual Console

BurgerTime Deluxe (Game Boy, G-mode, £2.70/€3) — No doubt in anticipation of the upcoming BurgerTime World Tour, G-mode keeps the 3DS Virtual Console releases coming with this patty-packing outing. We'll give it the taste test in our upcoming review.

DSiWare

Halloween: Trick or Treat (Microvalue, 800pts) — Play as Mike or Sally, go out and trick or treat your neighbours. All the fun of the real deal without any of the inevitable tooth rot. We'll chance our choppers on a review soon.

WiiWare

Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove: Monster Mix (Natsume, 500pts) — Step onto the dance floor with the fine — if mortally challenged — folks of Monster Town in this pretty decent groovathon. Check out our Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove: Monster Mix review for more.

WiiWare Demo

Kyotokei (Microforum, full price: 500pts) — It's like Ikaruga but with people instead of ships. Now you can try it for free, and don't forget that reading our Kyotokei review is also free. A lot of people forget that.

Will you be taking a chance on one of these spooky games this week or playing something else? Let us know.

Related Games

Savino

Savino said:

Now that´s what I call a lame week for europeans! (gimme good news NoA)

y2josh

y2josh said:

BurgerTime Deluxe is the BurgerTime I spent most time with. I remember it fondly and hope it makes its way to NA soonish.

TheGreenSpiny

TheGreenSpiny said:

When are we gonna get some Gameboy Color games? And where are the other good GB games? We better get Final Fantasy Adventure.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Square Enix have yet to show any interest in the 3DS VC but once they do, we could expect to see their Adventure and Legends games. I'm thinking we'll see regular GBC games once publishers have released all they can from their back catalogue of GB games. For now though every publisher seems happy from releasing mostly their earliest games and moving forward from there, sometimes jumping ahead for one or two releases.

Omega

Omega said:

I'm interested in the Kyotokei demo. I want to see if it's as brutally hard as Ikaruga. - And nice that we get a WiiWare game that has been america-exclusive so far. Maybe we get a few more soon. - And I'm still hoping for Monster World IV for the VC. Wasn't that already confirmed several months ago?

Samholy

Samholy said:

burgertime ? what the...
is there any one liking burger time ? i hated this crap younger, and never met anyone who liked that either.

Chris720

Chris720 said:

Wow, what a load of crap. I was holding on to this £7.80 for something good this week looks like I'll have to hold on to it for another week... :/

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

I'll try to get BurgerTime if it comes to NA. My mom says she used to play it alot on the Atari so I want to try it.

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

In doubt about BugerTime Deluxe and need to see more about Halloween: Trick or Treat. Sounds interesting but I can't find any images of it.

pocket_arsenal

pocket_arsenal said:

It's like the Donkey Kong '94 of Burger Time. I can't wait till NA gets it. The only thing wrong with it is the lack of the NES Burger Time theme song.

Omenapoika

Omenapoika said:

That's too much :D Today I was at a game store and saw a very old cartridge for possibly Sega saturn titled "Burger time" and thought what the heck kind of a game that must be. Now I come here and see that the deluxe version is out.

slidecage

slidecage said:

halloween game is up on nintendo webpage.. 800 pts way too high for a hidden object game

ImDiggerDan

ImDiggerDan said:

@20 - I'd post some up for you if I wasn't on holiday in Spain, that's a game I've been coding for the last few months.

@24 - I totally agree about the price, I was shocked. Nintendo set the final prices, we suggested lower. I think they've based it on the fact that it's a 15MB download. I seem to remember that WiiWare was originally priced on download size.

slidecage

slidecage said:

@25 do you remember how big of a game it is (like how many levels how many different screens.)

15mb download seems big (not sure how big games are :)

if it was a very long hidden picture maybe but then again there are so many based on carts dirt cheap as well... maybe after some reviews i may pick it up.. though the checker game coming out will be first thing i grab :)

ImDiggerDan

ImDiggerDan said:

There are a total of 45 "scenes". 12 of these are mini-games, the rest Hidden Object scenes.

kitroplious

kitroplious said:

@lalalalalalal - NOA just told me that Cut the Rope will not be coming out till around Christmas..... or was that "Cut the Presents"? :-P
No, no, just kidding... I think CTR should come out in November and if not, well then I have that formally titled Picture Lives! to play with :)

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

Now it's getting cold here in Europe, and it's Spring in Australia, so now is the best time to release Snowpack Park in PAL regions!