Marvelous Reveals Brand New Harvest Moon for 3DS

Posted by James Newton

It was only a matter of time

Natsume is preparing a 3DS version of Harvest Moon: Tale of Two Towns, but it's really just an enhanced version of the DS game and not a brand new game. The honour of being the first unique Harvest Moon for 3DS goes to Bokujou Monogatari: Hajimari no Daichi, or Harvest Moon: First Earth according to Andriasang.

Famitsu carries the first details of the farming title, with customisation one of the biggest features this time around: you'll be able to define your character's gender, skin, hair and eye colour, and throughout the game you can alter your hair style and clothing too.

If that weren't an exciting enough prospect, for the first time on a Nintendo handheld the game will be fully constructed from polygons. That's right: you'll finally be able to see a three-dimensional turnip.

In related news, Marvelous Entertainment, AQ Interactive and Livewire have all come together to form Marvelous AQL.

Harvest Moon: First Earth is due for release in Japan in early 2012.

[via nintendoeverything.com]

Milkman-123

Milkman-123 said:

This article is pretty good. nice job james! i love the fact that a harvest moon is coming to 3DS

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

The news of a new Harvest Moon always thrills me. GoNintendo is reporting that you can customize the interior of your home and the layout of your ranch — but these features have already appeared in the series. And the character-customization thing doesn't do much for me — I'm more interested in how the various gameplay elements are blended.

k8sMum

k8sMum said:

@burning_spear: whilst you can upgrade your home and ranch layout, you've never been able to really customize it. i am hoping for more of a animal crossing situation, where you can move the furniture etc. that would be more interesting. i am hoping this is where they are going.

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

@7: In Magical Melody, for example, there were multiple options for each type of furniture (bed, fridge, tables, chairs, TV, etc.) and you could position them anywhere on any floor of the house. There were even vases, a painting and some other ceramic stuff if I remember correctly. But I get what you're saying, it wasn't like an Animal Crossing situation, in which you have hundreds of decoration options.

For me, the most important thing is that the farming remains the key element of the game. Some of the more recent titles have moved more toward other things and almost marginalized the farming.

Tryken

Tryken said:

Uwaaaaah! I can't wait! This looks fantastic, and the villagers look a little older. I hated that about Grand Bazaar, some of your marriage options looked like they're eight.

Anyway, knowing Natsume, we won't see this for another two years. But we can hope! =D

k8sMum

k8sMum said:

@8: yep, you are right about magical melody...i'd forgotten that one. i agree about the farming remaining the key element, also. i am enjoying the DSi 'a tale of two towns', but the requests can sometimes make it really difficult to balance the farming/animal care/getting people's stuff done aspect.

but it is neat that one village is for crops and the other for livestock, and you can move back and forth.

Kimiko

Kimiko said:

I'm still waiting for a Harvest Moon/Rune Factory game where I can play as a girl and romance another girl. Until then, sorry Marvelous, no sale.

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

@10: How is ToTT? I have the DS version, but I'm trying to hold out until the 3DS version is released. Which town did you choose? I know there's no direct penalty for failing to meet a request, but is there an indirect penalty, like not getting a key item upgrade?

Legodavid18

Legodavid18 said:

Ah, I was already wondering what the Marvelous AQL logo in the King of Pirate trailer was all about!
And aww yeah, more Harvest Moon is never a bad thing! :D

GARF13LD

GARF13LD said:

I have yet to really get full on into a Harvest Moon game so this maybe be the one.

ecco6t9

ecco6t9 said:

Day 1 purchase.

Meaning 2014 in the States and 2015 for you guys in Europe.

Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

This looks amazing; I wish I had a 3DS. I just got Tale of Two Towns and am completely hooked, so I have high hopes for the next HM game.

k8sMum

k8sMum said:

@12: the only items that i have found you need to keep an eye out for in regards to requests are those special ones that are usually in red: tools. the hammer/axe etc come from the smithy in the crop village and a stethescope for keeping track of your animals health/amicability from ash in bluebell village. those are all i've found so far. i missed the axe and felt it probably wouldn't be available til the next summer (i was then in fall) so i restarted and made sure i got it. it is very important when it comes to re-linking the 2 villages.

basically, i just try to check each town's request board every day and go from there. some of the fishing requests are hard to fill, imo, but as you say: you suffer no ill effects from that.

capitalism

capitalism said:

Looking good. I'm always down for a Harvest Moon game. Ready for Tale of Two Towns 3D to release on the 25th.