Mario Kart 7 Art Races Your Screen

Posted by James Newton

Sorry, that should say "graces"

It's wall-to-wall artwork these days, with new Kirby art released today and now some character artwork for Mario Kart 7 screeching in too.

The underwater art is particularly nice, and even if the other artwork has been seen so far it's still a nice reminder that we'll all be able to play some Mario Kart on 3DS in less than two months' time.

We've played the game a fair bit this year, so read our Mario Kart 7 First Impressions for an idea of what awaits in December.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

Luigi has the same pose from another Mario Kart- except now his hand is on his hat and there's a glider.

Would like to see Wario's kart though..

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

I just love Nintendos art for their games. Hopefully their new WiiU console will be able to make the art really come to life. Would be awesome to get a fluid Mario game with that style and no pixels.

Anyway, the underwater one is pretty cool. I've seen all the others already. Can't wait for the game! :)

AbuJaffer

AbuJaffer said:

@19Robb92 No discernible pixels, you mean. Removing pixels is technologically impossible (for now).

Luigi's caution is much helpful than Mario's "barge in" attitude; look where it got him in Luigi's Mansion!

Mario Kart is second on my list of must-have games this winter; first is Zelda and third is Sonic (Mario isn't that high I'm afraid). Nintendo systems of course; PC-wise Batman and Skyrim make up the list.

Milkman-123

Milkman-123 said:

@9

knowing nintendo AND mariokart, they probobly wont haveit installed. however on mariokart DS, we were able to inflate balloons with the mic. on balloon battle, so its a possibility :)

nano43

nano43 said:

It looks like the propellor cuts through the exaust pipe on the water one. lol

Bubbab5

Bubbab5 said:

I herad the 3DS is going to have a headset so who nos i dont remeber when it comes out though the 3DS Blog said it I think

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

It's weird that in some games Mario can hold his breath indefinitely underwater, and some he can't.

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

As much as I like these cool boxart, I still can't stand the bland white backdrop they featured there. Why can't we have colorful boxart like those on NES, SNES, GB, GBA, and GCN, there's too much white in these cool boxart which makes them not cool.

Schprocket

Schprocket said:

Look, Nintendo, just bloody well release it already, 3DS owners have waited a 3DS-lifetime for some decent 1st-party, non-remake titles.

And Paper Mario 3DS as well, while you're at it, there's good chaps...

Wanderhope

Wanderhope said:

I just realized for the first time that Retro Studios is developing this and my interest level instantly went from interested to stoked.