Kirby's Return to Dream Land Art is What Dreams Are Made Of

Posted by James Newton

Also pink and cute

Kirby's Return to Dream Land is nearly here, and Nintendo is celebrating in fine style with a wealth of pink and cute artwork streaming forth from its archives.

The artwork shows Kirby in all number of roles and poses: radio presenter Kirby, scuba diving Kirby, ninja Kirby. You name it, Kirby's doing it.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land is out in North America on 25th October, and set for release in Europe a month later.

Omenapoika

Omenapoika said:

I think the designers are dumfounded with Kirby's design possibilities and wide range of existing themes. But like the huge role of Kirby characters in Super smash bros brawl storyline, the series should take steps ahead before the audience does, to avoid numbing.

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

in one of the videos on youtube for his copy abilities, i also saw one where he looks like ryu from street fighter with the headband, throwing fireballs.

Wolfenstein83

Wolfenstein83 said:

I love Kirby!
I just wanted to say that.
Also, I think it's great how each game has a unique look to it, they are never exactly the same.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

@4 Ninja Kirby was in Kirby Super Star (Ultra).

Also, I think DJ Kirby might works the same way as Mike Kirby did.

Also also, I'm not too fond of the bomb redesign. Looks to much like either a dunce cap or an old-timey princess cone. Either way it's weird.

KaiserGX

KaiserGX said:

Actually they don't have a unique move set, but they may have like 1 more unique to them. Basically Dedede, Metaknight and Waddle Dee have Hammer, Sword and Spear abbility moves respectively. Though I know Metaknight has a Shuttle Loop.

I prefer how Ninja looks on here. The old hats were for some reason a Samurai hat... which was just a copy of Stone. I love how they changed some hats that looked the same such as Sword and Bomb. Now Bomb has a New Years hat which makes more sense. Bomb was just a green Sword Hat.

Also that's not DJ Kirby, that IS Mike. Nintendo Life just put some random notes. Such as Indiana actually being called Whip Kirby and Water Kirby.

Punny

Punny said:

Nice and colorful, just as artwork for a Kirby game should be. Can't wait to surf with Water Kirby! :)

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

YES! Finally Nintendo smarted up and went Pink, Yellow, Green, and Blue again, with Green having green feet. It was weird that in Amazing Mirror had Pink, RED, Yellow, and Green, and Green had orange shoes.

OverlordMao

OverlordMao said:

Yay! I can't wait, just filled out my pre-order and am waiting joyfully!
It figures, the only two brand new games I buy this year are both Kiby games XD

P.S. Mass Attack was great, and this looks like the beautiful baby of Kirby Super Star and Kirby 64 :)

lalalalalalal

lalalalalalal said:

Oh no! Why Nintendo, Why make the enemies so cute. I always jump right over them, and get the lowest score. I mean, how in Epic Yarn, those Wadle Dees just flop on their face! AWWWW!!!!!!