Get the Job You Always Wanted in Fantasy Life for 3DS

Posted by James Newton

No, not Nintendo Life reviewer

Japanese developers Level-5 and Brownie Brown — creators of Professor Layton and Mother 3 respectively — are teaming to make Fantasy Life for 3DS, an RPG about keeping your job at the end of the world.

Famitsu (via Siliconera) reports that the game will feature 20 jobs including chef, lumberjack, scholar, street entertainer, postman, magician, soldier, treasure hunter and fisherman. It also looks beautiful, as you'd expect from the development duo.

Fantasy Life is down for a 2012 release in Japan with a great little trailer below.

[via siliconera.com]

Karakato

Karakato said:

Looking forward for this game since it was announced previously for the DS>3DS. I'm pretty excited for the Level-5 conference this weekend, can't wait to see more of these titles.
One thing I'm gonna miss though is the Beautiful Spritework. A least we all have London Life... wait

SpaceKappa

SpaceKappa said:

Level-5 and Brownie Brown just need to make ALL the video games from now on. Geez, I don't know how their stuff is so consistently amazing.

Late

Late said:

Looks nice but I need some more information before I can say I'll get it.

dan561

dan561 said:

I saw that trailer a year ago, I was hoping for some new information.

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

Oh, gosh... do I have time to get addicted to another game from Level-5? :(

Other than that concern, I'm just curious about how jobs like chef, scholar, postman, farmer, etc. could be as much fun as jobs like soldier and treasure hunter. A certain Star Wars MMO had a little trouble nailing that, from what I hear. ;)

Skotski

Skotski said:

I, too, have been looking forward to this game since it was first announced for the DS........... and impatiently have been waiting for more news. I SERIOUSLY hope they consider sending it here to the US.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

@lz20XX Actually, the whole point of London Life was to be a taste for the upcoming Fantasy Life, which has been in development for more than most people know. It was originally for the DS (and you can see the old artwork still lurking on the internet if you google it, it still looks nice), delayed several times, then scrapped and started over for the 3ds. I have been waiting for this game FOREVER. haha

@Karakato I'm going to miss those incredibly cute yet beautiful sprites too. It reminded me of Mother 3, and a little bit of Zelda for the SNES.

GARF13LD

GARF13LD said:

I pray this gets a EU release, day one buy if it does. I have been waiting ages for this game, before I even knew a 3DS was going to exist.

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

looks like rune factory but you have more jobs than just a farmer, and if i'm right and I hope I am, that looked like a turn based combat. I also hope that to get the hole story you have to play all 20 jobs. That would increase the replay value so much. Looks good and can't wait!

Syrup

Syrup said:

Finally, more information on this game! I think the last time they said anything about it was in E3 2010.

Kage_88

Kage_88 said:

Nice to hear this game still exists! I haven't heard anything new about it in ages...

Come on PAL release...

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

I voted for this game to get localized but stupid Prof Layton vs Ace Attorney took most of the votes.

(Yeah, I'm annoyed that this game has a slim chance it seems of coming over).

I like Brownie Brown's work on Magical Starsign, Sword of Mana and Mother 3.

Sh00kst3r

Sh00kst3r said:

No Nintendo Life reviewer position? GET THIS GAME OUT OF MY SIGHT

But cerealously. This game looks pretty cool. And I know it must be, because the screenshot reminded me of Fat Princess. :P

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

Looks wonderful. Level 5 And Brownie Brown RPG!? Sold. :)
Hope this gets released in the EU.