Eurosport, Red Bull and Aardman 3D Content Coming to 3DS
Posted by James Newton
The roll out keeps rolling
While North America prepares to get Hulu Plus for 3DS — it already has Netflix too — Europe is left sadly wanting in the 3D video stakes. That'll soon change though, according to Nintendo's recently revealed plans to release more 3D video content in the coming months.
Starting "soon", videos from Red Bull and the Eurosport will make it to Nintendo Video, with the sport content being WATTS bloopers rather than proper highlights, disappointingly. However, sporting accidents in three dimensions could be a winner.
The exclusive Shaun the Sheep videos — revealed by Nintendo and Aardman back in January 2011 — will see the light of day in early 2012 now.
Nintendo Europe also revealed release dates for some upcoming downloadable 3DS titles:
- Freakyforms™: Your Creations, Alive! — Previously Picture Lives!, this is a creative platformer. It's out on 10th November 2011 for €6.
- 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure™ — A game that surely needs no introduction to many. Get it on 17th November 2011 for €6.
- Pullblox™ — Otherwise known as Pushmo or Hiku-Osu, this releases in December 2011 for €6.
- Nintendo Letter Box enables you to exchange messages with your friends via StreetPass and SpotPass. You can even add your own 3D Photos and voice recordings to the messages. Available December 2011 for free.
- Dillon's Rolling Western™ features a cowboy armadillo literally rolling over his enemies. Action and strategy come together in a wild west epos unlike any you have seen before. Available in Q1 2012.
Anything tickle your fancy?
3D VIDEO RECORDING COMING TO NINTENDO 3DS THIS NOVEMBER
Nintendo 3DS System Update delivers a range of new features and enhancements, plus Nintendo announces new downloadable games
21st October 2011 – Nintendo 3DS™ owners will soon be able to capture 3D video, play new puzzles in the StreetPass Mii Plaza and download a range of new Nintendo 3DS games and other engaging content from the likes of Red Bull, Eurosport and Aardman Animations.
The Nintendo 3DS System Update at the end of November gives Nintendo 3DS owners access to a range of new features and enhancements. These include 3D video capture, which will let users record up to 10 minutes of 3D video and enable people to create their own 3D stop-motion animation videos. The update will also add new puzzles to Puzzle Swap in StreetPass Mii Plaza and a new dungeon to StreetPass Quest. Other features will be announced in the future.
Laurent Fischer, managing director, marketing & PR at Nintendo of Europe, said:
“We are always striving to bring fun new experiences to our fans and these new features and functions for Nintendo 3DS do just that. We are also looking forward to the launch of some great titles over the next couple of months, such as Super Mario 3D Land™ on 18th November and Mario Kart™ 7 and Super Pokémon™ Rumble both on 2nd December.”
The SpotPass™ feature on Nintendo 3DS allows you to automatically receive a host of content directly to your Nintendo 3DS such as 3D videos for Nintendo Video™, notifications, extra content for your software and system updates without lifting a finger. You will soon be able to download a series of unique 3D video clips from Red Bull and a range of fun and engaging WATTS sports videos from Eurosport also in stunning 3D on your Nintendo 3DS. Early next year will also see the launch of hilarious and exclusive 3D Shaun the Sheep short films from Aardman – the creators of Wallace and Gromit.
In addition to the Nintendo 3DS System Update and the array of 3D content coming to you via SpotPass, Nintendo is also adding new Nintendo 3DS titles to the Nintendo eShop.
Games Coming to Nintendo eShop:
· Freakyforms™: Your Creations, Alive! lets your imagination run wild. Create your own "formees" from the ground up and set out to explore a planet filled with wondrous discoveries. During your adventure you unlock dozens of new body parts for your creations and even gain the ability to redesign the world around you. Share your favourite formees with others through StreetPass™ and QR codes. Available from 10th November 2011 for €6.
· 3D Classics Kirby's Adventure™: one of the NES' greatest treasures returns as part of the 3D Classics series. Be there when Dream Land awakes for the first time in stunning 3D. Available 17th November 2011 for €6.
· Pullblox™ is a unique blend of puzzle and platforming elements, where you pull and push blocks and climb up them to reach to the goal. This game challenges your wits and skill in more than 250 included levels. You can also design and share your own puzzles. Available December 2011 for €6.
· Nintendo Letter Box enables you to exchange messages with your friends via StreetPass and SpotPass. You can even add your own 3D Photos and voice recordings to the messages. Available December 2011 for free.
· Dillon's Rolling Western™ features a cowboy armadillo literally rolling over his enemies. Action and strategy come together in a wild west epos unlike any you have seen before. Available in Q1 2012.
Don’t forget that Nintendo 3DS is backwards compatible, allowing you to play the extensive Nintendo DS™ and Nintendo DSi™ back catalogue of more than 1,000 games. The Nintendo 3DS also lets parents manage the content their children can access through a Parental Control feature. Nintendo gives each player the choice, as it is simple to change the level of 3D, or even turn it off, using the built-in 3D Depth Slider. For more information about these and other features, visit www.nintendo3ds.co.uk