Take a Trip to Emerald Coast in Sonic Generations Shots

Posted by James Newton

Open your heart

While the 3DS version of Sonic Generations wasn't available to play at the recent Eurogamer Expo, SEGA has released a flush of new screenshots showing the classic Emerald Coast stage from Dreamcast launch title Sonic Adventure.

The iconic killer whale chase remains intact, and judging from the screenshots will appear in both Classic and Modern Sonic interpretations of the coastal stage.

For those keeping count, confirmed stages so far are:

• Green Hill Zone
  • Emerald Coast
  • Mushroom Hill
  • Casino Night
  • Radical Highway

With just a few months to go until launch, how confident are you that Sonic's impending return can live up to expectations?

[via scene.sonicth.ru]

Squid

Squid said:

I knew I was forgetting something when I went to buy Starfox 64: 3D... I forgot to save money for this. >:

AbuJaffer

AbuJaffer said:

@DarkSquid I almost did the same, but I set aside cash for Mario Kart 7, Skyward Sword, and then I went, "There's some other game I can't recall, but I'm sure it's important." Set aside cash for that as well. Good thing I did, although either way with Eid coming up I'm in no shortage of cash.

MarPokeSon334

MarPokeSon334 said:

good thing i saved up money for 2 games getting sonic generations 3ds right when it comes out also super mario3d land

Punny

Punny said:

Emerald Coast was the most memorable part of Sonic Adventure, especially the sequence with the whale. It will be awesome to experience the whale chase in 3D. Emerald Coast also permanantly etched this quote into my brain...
"Jump on panel number one. It will take you to panels two and three. Jump as soon as you land onto the panel, or else you'll fall." :D

Justaguest

Justaguest said:

I should set aside my money too. I mean there are so many good games comming ..(Mario Land,Mario Kart, Paper Mario, Heroes of Ruin, Monsters Hunters, animal Crossing,Sonic, Kid..) wow i should get started right now :o

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

I wonder how many levels they could fit into this game. With so many classic locales to draw from, I'll probably have more fun if I try not to think of all the good ones that'll have to be left out. :(

pixelman

pixelman said:

Man. The more I see of this game the more interested I get. Really hope it turns out good.

Mizore

Mizore said:

....When is this game? NL has them listed as TBA. >.>
Glad to see Sega bringing Sonic back to the classic 2D style, I skipped out on Colors for some reason, I might just get this. (ironically though, I'm used to the current Sonic look already. xD)

XD375

XD375 said:

Radical Highway has never actually been confirmed. TSSZ News claims to have a reliable source saying so, though. I think it makes sense considering the Shadow race will probably take place there.