Shinobi Returns with Brand New Gameplay Trailer

Posted by James Newton

It's ninja warrior time

SEGA just sent over some fresh footage of the latest reinvention of its classic franchise: Shinobi for 3DS.

The gameplay footage below shows off far more of a combo-based style of gameplay, though it's always pleasing to see Musashi performing the classic mid-air shuriken spin attack.

The game's down for a European release on 11th November. Will you be seeking it out on this evidence?

Ryno

Ryno said:

Any word if it will use everyone's most highly anticpated 3ds accessory, the 2nd analogue stick add-on attachment thing? :p This looks fun, I would pick it up. Ninja's are the shiz.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

Wow screenshots don't do this justice. It looks good! And to think some people say there is nothing to play on the 3DS

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Looking good. :)
My only real worry is that the control scheme could be a bit too difficult for my tastes. (As in using too many buttons.)
It won't do that, right ? ;)

pikku

pikku said:

Haha, this looks like simple bloody fun. Hopefully it will live up to it's $40 price tag, though.

Ristar42

Ristar42 said:

Hmm, not sure about this one, though I was a fan of the arcade game way back when. Does anyone at NL know anything about the Game Gear version coming to VC?

TheGreenSpiny

TheGreenSpiny said:

This looks pretty sweet. Love that art style! Don't remember if I played any of the old Shinobi games though.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

It looks interesting, I might pick it up. I will probably wait until I read some reviews first though.

moosa

moosa said:

Hey, what happened to everyone swearing this game will suck because they didn't like the way the graphics looked?

Link79

Link79 said:

I'm still not quite sure about this one. The graphic style does look kinda icky.
I sure hope this is as good as they're hyping it up to be.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

It's a possibility, but it'll have to wait until after Starfox, both Mario games, Kid Icarus, and Pokémon Rumble Blast.

moomoo

moomoo said:

At first this game looked horrible. Earlier builds showed it moving really slowly and having a lack of fluidity, which is a necessity for an action game like this. NOW it looks great.

motang

motang said:

No release date yet for NA eh? Hmm, hopefully in November it will come out.