Pokemon Blasting to Europe on 2nd December

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Time to rumble

In a day of feverish announcements of all things Nintendo and 3DS, one group of gamers may have been wondering about a particular announcement. Breathe easy, European Pokemon fans, Super Pokémon Rumble, or Pokémon Rumble Blast to our readers in North America, has been confirmed for Europe-wide release on 2nd December.

The details provided are the same as before, when the North American release on 24th October was confirmed, but they are copied below for your convenience.

Pokémon™ fans will be able to experience for the first time the excitement of an action packed Pokémon adventure in 3D when Super Pokémon™ Rumble comes to Europe for Nintendo 3DS™ on 2nd December 2011. The first Pokémon game created exclusively for Nintendo 3DS, Super Pokémon Rumble allows you to battle against waves of opposing wind-up Toy Pokémon, connect with your friends and battle them together. There are more than 600 Toy Pokémon in total to collect.

As you advance through each stage in Super Pokémon Rumble, your Toy Pokémon can face dozens of other Toy Pokémon at once, creating fast and furious real-time battles. You can quickly and easily switch between the various Toy Pokémon you collect throughout the game to help win each battle. Get ready to also face off against giant Boss Pokémon, whose massive size and strength offer special challenges. Certain defeated Toy Pokémon can be befriended and added to your team, and you can also collect special Toy Pokémon, each with their own unique traits. There are more than 600 Toy Pokémon in all to collect, including those from the recently released Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version games.

Super Pokémon Rumble offers two ways for you to wirelessly connect with your friends. Using a local wireless connection, you can enjoy a cooperative play mode that allows you and your friend to battle through levels together and more easily befriend defeated Toy Pokémon after battles. Using the Nintendo 3DS StreetPass™ feature, you can increase the chances of befriending Mythical and Legendary Pokémon, challenge the Toy Pokémon of players you pass in your daily travels and view other players’ Mii™ characters in the game.

November and December are busy months for 3DS owners in Europe, so does this one make your list?

Mr_Reece

Mr_Reece said:

It's hard to get excited about this. It's like Pokemon Dash all over again: Nintendo rushing a spin-off while they make people wait for the next generation of Pokemon RPG's.

Stine

Stine said:

"Breath easy"? Anyway, this looks cool, but I think I'd rather go for the WiiWare game first.

Highwinter

Highwinter said:

How about a new Snap game or at least another Ranger? You know, something people actually care about? The amount of these bad spin-off's they release is really disappointing.

Late

Late said:

@El_Marko: Pokémon Dash was a really bad game but this is a Pokémon Rumble game. There are many people who liked first Rumble game so I think this isn't going to be a rushed game with few players.

@Highwinter: Pokémon Rumble has a large amount of fans too. Ranger series already have 3 games (Almia is the best one!) when this is just second Rumble game but I'm pretty sure that they're gonna make one more Ranger for 3DS someday along with the Mystery Dungeon. Pokémon Snap is a game that I'd like to see too but I'm pretty sure that we won't see it for some while. From all the Pokémon Spin-offs I can only think of Dash as a bad one that I've played.

Mr_Reece

Mr_Reece said:

But the fact remains that the people who'd rather see a new Pokémon RPG must outnumber the people who'd rather see a new Rumble game by a thousand to one.

Besides, we all know that THE best Pokémon spin-off game was and will always be Pokémon Trading Card Game on the GBC. That was epically epic.

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

I tried both Pokémon Rumble and Pokémon Ranger and liked Rumble, better, so it's really a question of taste when it comes to the spinoffs.

No word about online features? I guess StreetPass will do for now, then, but I hope Nintendo doesn't plan on shying away from online play much longer. It's a new hardware platform and everything!

Of course, the more games that use StreetPass, the better, given the unique possibilities it presents for social gaming without the need for a Wi-Fi hotspot. Truth is, the 3DS doesn't even have the proper means to authenticate for Wi-Fi access in most places besides my own house. Granted, I'm not very well informed on how this IT stuff works, but on the surface, it strikes me as a tad pathetic. :(

Blaze

Blaze said:

Wait....., that's the same as MK7. I'm gonna need to save my money if I want to get Sonic Generations, SM3DL, MK7 and Rumble Blast for 2011, let alone what 2012 has in store now! (Not forgetting the possibility of MHTG!)

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

Well if they pop out a new RPG as often as you want, the quality may deteriorate faster. I'd rather wait

Late

Late said:

@El_Marko: Well, now I have to be on same side. Of course main games are more popular but I really like that there is many kind of spin-offs too. And yes, TCG for GBC was really good game, one of my favorites too among Mystery Dungeon series and Pokémon Snap.

Kimiko

Kimiko said:

"Rumble"? Will there be another expansion hanging off the 3DS to make it rumble then?

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Probably won't get this one. Wasn't interested in the WiiWare game after the demo so I doubt this one would interest me.

SunnySnivy

SunnySnivy said:

Am I the only on looking forward to this? :/

Besides, a new generation of Pokemon won't come for a long while. The history of Pokemon releases show we have a BW revamp (like Emerald & Platinum) and remakes of older games, which this time will be Ruby & Saphire. Unless they surprise us, but I doubt we will be seeing a new generation any time soon.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

Bummer, I was hoping for Pokemon Gray. They'll probably announce that last minute though, to get as many sales out of B&W as they can.

Sam_Loser2

Sam_Loser2 said:

Platnium took two years to come out after D&P, but I suppose if they wait too long they may have trouble selling a DS game while most games are for 3DS. I liked the Ranger series, but another one will, at least for me, only be shadowed by Almia (pun most certainly intended). I am very intersted by this game, but havn't played the original.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

My lad has expressed an interest in getting this game even though I'm not interested. It therefore follows......

bahooney

bahooney said:

I've been talking up this game so much to my friends who own a 3DS or are thinking of buying one. I personally think it looks like a ... BLAST to play. Plus, Nintendo actually utilizing Street Pass functionality? Count me in! I really am looking forward to this!

Lobster

Lobster said:

Personally I am also one of the apparently four people excited for this. There is not going to be a new gen for a while, guys, the timing is off. And the WiiWare Rumble game was ridiculously fun, if you haven't tried it yet it's absolutely worth the $15.