New 3D Trailers Hit the European eShop Today

Posted by James Newton

See Mario and more

Update: Nintendo of America has confirmed these trailers will also be available in North America soon.

Nintendo Europe has announced a set of new 3D trailers will reach the European eShop today.

Seven trailers in total will reach the eShop, and are likely to be 3D versions of videos that did the rounds before the recent Tokyo Games Show. They're only available for a limited time, so grab them while you see them.

Here's the full list of game trailers to download:

DOWNLOAD FREE 3D TRAILERS OF UPCOMING MARIO AND LUIGI GAMES FOR NINTENDO 3DS

29th September 2011 – Nintendo is giving you the chance to download seven free 3D game trailers exclusively through the Nintendo eShop, showcasing some of the latest games arriving soon for the Nintendo 3DS™. Trailers for upcoming titles, including Mario Kart™ 7, Super Mario 3D Land™ and Luigi’s Mansion™ 2, will be available to download from the Nintendo eShop from today for a limited time only.

The trailers showcase some of the most highly anticipated games launching on Nintendo 3DS over the next couple of months and star some of Nintendo’s most famous heroes; Mario, Luigi and Pit all making an appearance. Other game trailers available to download include Paper Mario™, Mario Tennis™, Kid Icarus™ and Animal Crossing™.

The Nintendo eShop gives Nintendo 3DS owners access to a vast array of new exclusive 2D and 3D content, including a free downloads of the Pokédex™ 3D, and the ability to download original 3D software, 3D Classics, Game Boy™ and Game Boy™ Color “Virtual Console™” games and an extensive library of Nintendo DSiWare™ titles. New content is added every Thursday so make sure you check back regularly.

James

James said:

I don't think these are up just yet: will probably be live in 45 minutes. Come to me, Animal Crossing in 3D!

yoyogamer

yoyogamer said:

I think I watched the Mario Kart E3 trailer 37 times, I'm hoping these will be worth the investment.

RedYoshi999

RedYoshi999 said:

No I don't have enough space for more videos! :(

EDIT: I didn't know they saved to SD Cards, yay I have plenty of space on there :D

Kifa

Kifa said:

Are those the same trailers that were relesaed a while ago (well, except the Tennis one), or completely new versions? I still don't see anything on european eShop yet though...

Stine

Stine said:

Can't they just leave them on the eShop like other videos? Why do we have to download them? o.O Well, I don't mind. It'll be great having new 3D trailers for these games!

skywake

skywake said:

They have spotpass notifications built in now like they do for the ambassador certificate and they're not the same trailers. Also, TBH, the E3 trailers are what I used to demo the 3DS so it's good to have them outside of the eShop.

plus they have cool looking icons now........ even if there is a huge delay before the video to show rating information

timp29

timp29 said:

So these are different to the earlier videos for some of these games?

ImDiggerDan

ImDiggerDan said:

Got them all. Watched them all. They are all pretty much new (on the 3DS system at least) and they have useful icons now so you know which is which. Plus they all have SpotPass options so I'm assuming we can get game specific updates as long as you keep them installed.

Hmm, just noticed #7 posted pretty much the exact same info...

Anyway, me likey. Me buyey at least 4 of the 7 games.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Actually, I like that we can download them since I keep getting lag on the trailers on the eShop.

Luigi_Wood

Luigi_Wood said:

EXCELENT!!! GOD a really need a release date por Animal Crossing 3DS please!!! Amén!!!

StephenYap3

StephenYap3 said:

I haven't downloaded a video from eshop yet in my life, though it's about time I find out.

BigBluePanda

BigBluePanda said:

Love that they appear as icons now, makes it just a little bit easier to find them on the menu.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@justinbug: please cool it with the comments about it — they'll be up when they're up. remember that they tend to favor Pacific time; it could be evening before we see anything. Thank you :3

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

Pacific time is three hours behind us in Eastern. that means Nintendo has until about 3 am tomorrow morning our time to get the videos up in order to fulfill their 'today' statement. Go play a game or something... a watched pot never boils, after all ;)

TheAmazingRaccoon

TheAmazingRaccoon said:

I loved how they warned us about the possible Japanese in the videos. Like we would freak out without being warned about it.

Bigrat

Bigrat said:

Where are they? they aren't in the eShop! I just got back from school!

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

I just noticed how in this article, the videos are listed as coming to NA "soon". Maybe we all just assumed we would get them on the 29th along with the other regions? I mean, yeah, that's the logical thing but this is NoA we're talking about and lately they've been about as reliable as the weather.

Ecto-1

Ecto-1 said:

@Mully
I was just thinking the same thing. Still, with them releasing in every other region yesterday, I would have thought we would get them too. Then again, since when has Nintendo done what I expected them to do. :p

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@Mully, @Ecto: they're listed in the Nintendo Download release for NA, i guess we were all hoping they'd be up yesterday. here's still hoping they go up sooner rather than later :3

Ecto-1

Ecto-1 said:

Huh, was anyone able to get the Kid Icarus one? All of the others are on the eShop except that one.

Edit: Just reread the Spot Pass notification and it specifically names every game except Kid Icarus as having a new trailer.

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

I'm afraid now that Kid Icarus might be in development hell for a while since we didn't get a trailer. Wouldn't that be ironic? "Sorry to keep you waiting!" And waiting... and waiting...

Ecto-1

Ecto-1 said:

@Mully
If that were the case, why would Japan and Europe get the trailer for it? It really doesn't make any sense.