More Super Mario 3D Land Screenshots Warp Into View

Posted by Corbie Dillard

More Super Mario eye candy

It seems that all of the announcements flowing out of Nintendo tonight have also brought a barrage of new game assets with them.

First up is a brand new set of 10 Super Mario 3D Land screenshots that show off some new areas of the game. With every new group of shots, the game just keeps looking better and better.

We'll keep you informed on any developments with the game and we'll have a full review when the game hits store shelves in November. Until then, check out the 10 new screenshots in the gallery below.

Late

Late said:

Nice pictures! Especially that one with Super Mario Bros. feel with old background and all.

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

Wow! This game is shaping up! Looks fantastic! How can you go wrong with Mario, anyway? And in 3-D? :)

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

I can totaly picture how amazing the 3D will be in that 'Capture the Flag' Screen shot. :D

Shadowflash

Shadowflash said:

@4 LOL! Y U NO LIKE?

Seriously, though, this game is looking so awesome...I don't think I'll even wait for the review XD.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Woweee! This one could be just as good as Galaxy 2 from what i see here. I'm not sure if the Koopa Kids will reach the awesomeness of the Wii's 3D Mario bosses. But the small Mario mechanics could make up for it. :)

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I have a feeling this has a chance to be my favorite Mario game of all time, and it'll reach that lofty goal if it keeps looking like that!

Spoony

Spoony said:

@LorJumpMad How does that look like an NES game? Have you ever seen an NES game before?

The game looks awesome though. I am surprised that they didn't call it New Super Mario Bros. Galaxy.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

As if fans haven't made the first level from SMB so many times in so many different forms already, lol. Glad to see an official one from Nintendo though! :D

19Robb92

19Robb92 said:

The new/retro picture is absolutely fantastic, haha. Can't wait to get my hands on this. I want to see more footage of the Zelda stage too!

A little annoying it releases the same day as Skyward Sword in EU though.. I'll just have to beat Zelda and then go over to this I guess.

JettiBlue

JettiBlue said:

Looks amazing! So colorful and cute and gives me sooo the Mario feeling! Wohoo looking 4ward to playing this in 2 months!!!

Knux

Knux said:

I think my eyes popped out after viewing those wonderful new screenshots. :O

SuperSonic

SuperSonic said:

Does everyone here know that LordJumpMad is a TROLL, or are we all just ignoring him?

I already have the preorder for this payed off (along with Kid Icarus and partially Special Edition Skyward Sword pack), so it's practically mine already!

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

This still doesn't looks as good as I was hoping it would be when it was first announced but some of those levels look awesome, especially the classic SMB style one.

ChaosTheChao

ChaosTheChao said:

OMIGOSH! This will be the best mario game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oneoneoneone!!!!!one!!one111one!!!111!!

Javin

Javin said:

This is getting better and better! I just cannot wait for this game to come to come out! :)

Punny

Punny said:

LOVELY!!! I'm drooling a lake! The mustashioed marvel will be in my 3DS for a long time once I get this game. The box art looks nice, too. :)

Thwiidscube

Thwiidscube said:

The game looks even awesomer (yes I know it's not a word) now! I am DEFINITELY buying this! :D Without NintendoLife, I wouldn't know any of this! :)

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

It looks like a hodgepodge of 2D Mario Classics (seeing some SMB/SMB3), Super Mario 64 and some Galaxy 2 thrown in for good measure. I'm excited.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

No! Don't show me these pics! Now the wait is even more unbearable!

Why am I looking at the pics then? To make sure this game is worth every penny of my preorder.

gamecubefan

gamecubefan said:

So excited for this game.

Hopefully you can long jump. Always my favorite move along with the quick-reverse-of-direction somersault that gets mario to jump really high

gamecubefan

gamecubefan said:

This will also be the first 3D Mario game that takes place in the Mushroom Kingdom (at least it appears so) since Mario64. Mario Sunshine took place on Isle Delfino and Mario Galaxy took place on a spaceship in outer space. Seems like ALL the 2d games have taken place in mushroom kingdom except for Mario2

SuperMinusWorld

SuperMinusWorld said:

7 levels for each world, 8 worlds in all: 56 levels. Then there's the matter of secret levels (come ooon, you know they'll be there), so I'm assuming there will be a 9th world for secrets. It that's the case, then there will be 63 levels. Can anyone say 'psyched out of my mind'? I can't wait to see how the "Capture the Flag" level works. Btw, I think the first level will take place in or at Peach's Castle. There's a part in the trailer that shows the map selection of the first level, and Peach's Castle is on the level preview. Now, if they'd just announce some new playable characters, then I'll die young and happy.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

@SuperMinusWorld (52.): I don't know if that's what you meant but it would be really interesting to directly be thrown into a level after starting the game. When you reach the princess the "story", intro and world map would kick in. Kinda like in Game Boy's Donkey Kong or Super Mario RPG. :)

Milkman-123

Milkman-123 said:

i hope the 'capture the flag' picure is a minigame, cuz it doesnt look like it belongs in the actual game

Eclipse_Dj

Eclipse_Dj said:

@TheAmazingRaccoon

Picture 2 shows 3 stop watches at the top of the stairs, these will more than likely add time to the level encouraging further exploration for those that like to do so, but also giving you the option to do speed runs. Win win all round then!

This is the one reason I have held off trading in my 3DS before the inevitable re-design comes out next year. Do I cash in now and not get to play this for months but have a superior 3DS with twin analog and longer battery? Mmmm... Decisions, decisions.

Oh Ninty, I hate you for over-charging me by £80+ offering me a handful of retro roms to compensate, then revealing the ugly right analog slider add-on, but then you go and create such wonderful games like this and I remember the good old Ninty and why I love your work. Please, please, PLEASE don't screw up the Wii U in the same way, thank you!