Let Shigeru Miyamoto Take You Through Skyward Sword

Posted by James Newton

And in English, too

If you can't get enough of Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, what could be better than an official tutorial from Shigeru Miyamoto himself? How about a video showing Miyamoto in full-on Link mode, swinging his very own Master Sword around like the Hero of Time himself? Now we're talking.

The video below is eight minutes of Skyward Sword with an officially translated commentary from Miyamoto, introducing new features like Dowsing, which allows you to use the Wii Remote to search out hidden items and more.

We've also uploaded 26 new screenshots and will have have plenty more new Zelda: Skyward Sword videos for you in the very near future, so stay tuned.

[via zeldainformer.com]

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

Ugh, I can't decide whether to watch and spoil the experience or soak up everything I can about the new Zelda! :(

MaikoRULES

MaikoRULES said:

ummm... isnt this from the Japanese conference?
i want a full tutorial after its released. thatd be amazing!

Link79

Link79 said:

Check this out! Link gets lucky!
Don't click if you aren't wanting to be spoiled though.
You've been warned.

Pause at 1:12 for a shocker!

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Soak it up Gren. Most of it is stuff I've already seen but nicely put together! Keep bring more and I like the fact it has a lot of content. I want to be playing this well past CHRISTmas!!

sc100

sc100 said:

This game does look absolutely epic. I think it's also pretty safe to say that it'll have more content than any Zelda game to date.

Terave

Terave said:

Ow man.. I don't want to get spoiled that much, but it is attractive.. :(

KaiserGX

KaiserGX said:

It's official, I am getting this game. But damn I will never get Super Smash Bros. Brawl at this right then lol. I loved the ending when he put away the Sword lol. He looked excited.

Expa0

Expa0 said:

Kind of surprising, this doesn't look half-bad actually. But then again I said that about Tp too and it ended up being one blandest experiences in my gaming career. I guess I'll just wait and see, maybe I get it when it gets a little cheaper.

3DS

3DS said:

I wish that in the game we get to pick the Colour of the bird since there is Blue and Red :P

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

Also, sees in video:

"It's the biggest game we've worked on to date."

My body is ready.

Tigus

Tigus said:

Im gonna wait and play the game see this after I mabe beat the first dungeon

James

James said:

That bird is the bird on the Hylian shield, I realised today. Yep, I'm smart.

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

Why am I not more excited for this game? I can't figure it out. Usually I'm going nuts when a new Zelda is being released but I just can't get into this one for some reason. I don't even plan to buy it for a while because I'd rather have the new 3DS games for Christmas and funds are limited. I hope I come around because it looks fantastic.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Lol I figured that one out too, James. Guess we found out how the Hylian shield came about too now :)

I like when Nintendo does these little 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 "explanations" of how things came to be in the Zelda timeline later on.

RightHemisphereG

RightHemisphereG said:

Shigeru Miyamoto say's there are over 100 minutes of animation I just hope you can play them back wile tide in with the in gameplay as a bonus after completing the story. As seen in Other M.The Movie. It helped to tell the story better, at least almost all of it.
I would hope to see that feature in this game. A specially with how Cinematic it is to be told.

Simon_Deku

Simon_Deku said:

@Einherjar
I think the bird looks more like Ho-oh.
Anyway, I simply cannot wait for this game! The controls & graphics look amazing! This must be one of the best Zelda games ever, it may even surpass Ocarina of time! ;)

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

if there's any zelda title that could upstage or even do better than ocarina of time, this one could be it.