G4's X-Play Celebrates Nintendo 64 Console's 15th Anniversary

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Nintendo's 64-bitter turns 15

It seems that G4 TV's X-Play is about to join in on the fun in celebrating the 15th anniversary of the Nintendo 64 console. The show starts at 6:30pm ET on G4 and will be covering a wide range of Nintendo 64 topics.

Wanted to let you know that tomorrow on G4’s X-Play, Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb celebrate the 15th Anniversary of the Nintendo 64 with retrospective commentaries from the X-Play team, reviews for Star Fox 64 3D and Super Meat Boy, the X-List of the Top 5 N64 games and a special, exclusive game play preview for the upcoming Goldeneye 007: Reloaded.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

...then they'll write down the worst games on the console and then somehow find a way to bash Other M and praise another game on another console.

taffy

taffy said:

The very little that I've watched of G4 TV on the net puts it in the same light as Fox news

Crystalking18

Crystalking18 said:

Well this could be good. I was a fan of Xplay, but now since theyre actually doing something that isn't bashing the wii, im sort of for it

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

X-Play is still on the air. That is news to me. I would have thought is was canceled for reruns of COPS.

Ce2lmao

Ce2lmao said:

G4? You mean that channel that plays reruns of cops an ninja warrior all day long? They still talk about games?.....Nah, they'll just talk about nintendo for 5 minutes then get all hyped up over a different game that isn't by nintendo.

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

Top 2 64 games followed by how Skyward Sword isn't an Xbox 360 game

pureval

pureval said:

I would watch it except for the fact that G4 ticked off Directv to the point they pulled the channel forever. Oh well. I am guessing top 5 is Mario 64, Zelda, Goldeneye, Mario Kart and Paper Mario.

AVahne

AVahne said:

X-Play still lives? As a show?
I remember watching it because it was game-related and because it was hilarious. Then I remember it dying, and then I thought it just...well...died.

Cia

Cia said:

Aren't these the people who were already yawning to Skyward Sword, before it's even released. According to them, the game hasn't "graduated" from OOT (because it lacks HD, obviously).

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

Used to watch xplay all the time. Mainly due to it coming on near attac of the show. After munn left the only reasons for going are sessler and blair butler but i can find both of them elsewhere.

RoryLee

RoryLee said:

@Faron
I heard that to. Morgan pretty much dissed Zelda and then started talking about Uncharted. I think I'll pass on this show....Forever!

Punny

Punny said:

Uhhh.... yay? I'm not a big X-Play fan, especially after what they said last year. We all know what I'm referring to.
Other M does not deserve a 2/5!

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

Just a quick check (I'm sure there are more, but I'm not going to dig to find them all) reveals the following games were given a 5/5 by the show:

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
SSBB
No More Heroes
Meteos
Fire Emblem
Twilight Princess
Mario Kart DS

My god. Will their oppression of Nintendo never cease?

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 said:

don't hate X-play for maybe or maybe not Nintendo bias.

hate them for being a worthless show for several years now and not being half as good as it used to be (just like G4)

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

they are pretty anti-nintendo aren't they? still can't ever forget that horrible metroid: other m bashing they gave to it. i don't trust them any way.

KryptoKrunch

KryptoKrunch said:

Yeah, their pretty anti-Nintendo, or so it seems. It's pretty cool that their doing this but I bet they'll find a way to bash current Nintendo. Like give the number 1 game to OoT but throw a negative comment towards Skyward Sword.