Fire Emblem Strategising Its Way to 3DS

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

All-new adventure slated for next year

Among the plethora of games new and old shown during Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata's presentation during the 3DS Conference, a new entry in the fan-favorite Fire Emblem franchise was revealed for release next year.

The final name is not known at the moment, but it is confirmed to be an all-new adventure and will have two-player co-op when it launches next spring in Japan.

From the web

millarrp said:

this series is one of those I wanted to enjoy but could never get into it. while I probalby won't get it I hope it sells well

Bassman_Q said:

Awesome! This may be the game that will convince to finally buy a 3DS (just like Advance Wars and Mario & Luigi convinced me to buy a DS).

But on a sidenote... Are they ever going to release localize the other Fire Emblem DS game where you get to customize your own character?

timp29 said:

I hear a lot of good things about fire emblem games. Too bad I just can't handle that much RPG. Still, Nintendo is finally starting to kick some ass with the 3DS.

IronMan28 said:

I hope this gets localized in the US and every other market outside of Japan...and I hope it gets online play.

JeanLuc_Vaycard said:

Yeah is this confirmed for localization? They may shaft us like they did with the last DS one, but this is still good news.

iPruch said:

THIS is an announcement, not that... thing with the second stick. I've missed a new Fire Emblem for DS (not those remakes).

FantasiaWHT said:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I'll finally buy a 3D game for my 3DS. Now bring out a new Advance Wars please

komicturtle said:

I should start with this game. Always did want to get into FE. And maybe characters in this game are to be in the next Smash Bros.

WertyYertrew said:

If this FE isn't released in America I'm going to walk over to Nintendo's HQ and punch whoever made the decision in the face.

Or maybe I'll just use Rexflame.

ShinRPGGamer said:

@KingmikeandQwikman: Zero chance of NA realase at this point I'm afraid though a fan translation is in development right now

On another note I wonder If we'll get a Fire Emblem Jugral remake in the future? Don't get me wrong a new FE game is always welcome but I'm just wondering.

Now will Nintendo stop being A-holes to RPG fans and localize this game?

MeloMan said:

Me and someone I know gonna be REAL happy about this news

1080ike said:

As much as I love Fire Emblem, I'm not getting this until NOA localizes FE12.

Sam_Loser2 said:

YES! YES! YEEEEESSSSSS! Nothing would have made me happier! Wait.... releasing in Japan? WHAT? Japan has been a bit of a jerk regarding Fire Emblem, releasing only half of it's games stateside, so unless they specificly say it's coming to the US, I'd better not get my hopes up.