Famitsu Leads with More Monster Hunter Tri G 3DS Details

Posted by James Newton

Bigger and better?

When revealing the 3DS Circle Pad add-on, Famitsu also confirmed the existence of one of the most-requested 3DS games: Monster Hunter Tri G, an expanded version of Wii adventure Monster Hunter 3 (~Tri).

The magazine reports that unlike PSP's Monster Hunter Portable 3rd the 3DS version will retain the underwater combat introduced in the Wii game, although apparently the controls will be slightly changed: apparently tapping the touch screen will make you automatically face large beasts. Could this be the first hint of an inclusion of the much-requested improvements to camera control?

Also confirmed is the obligatory local wireless multiplayer, though there's no mention of online play yet. We expect plenty more details on Monster Hunter Tri G in the next week, so stick to Nintendo Life for more.

[via andriasang.com]

Chris720

Chris720 said:

It's confirmed?! HECK YEAH!! No mention of online play sounds kinda sucky but the inclusion of local wireless multiplayer sounds pure awesome sauce.

goldgin

goldgin said:

Finally, the real news. Underwater fights? Please NL, ask your translation team to search for the Japanese word for "BOW"

Portista

Portista said:

But if this doesn't include online compatibility...were in for some trouble.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I was hoping for an all new Monster Hunter game for the 3DS. I'm not sure if I am interested in this. I guess that I'll just wait for more information to see if this game is worth getting again.

timp29

timp29 said:

So... the big question will be, should I experience Monster Hunter on the Wii or the 3DS for the first time?

BenAV

BenAV said:

@timp29 I'd say Wii but we need some more details about this first.
If there's no online then the Wii will probably have a longer, more enjoyable experience but even if it does... the Wii supports a USB keyboard which makes it really easy to communicate with other party members (even if they're mostly German) and ethernet cable support can be handy if your Internet sucks like mine.
I'm sure the 3DS version will be a great game to have while travelling around but I'd personally stick with the Wii version from what I know about this so far.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

Sounds cool. Hopefully the online content from Tri will be available offline in the 3DS version though.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

this will suck so bad without online.

MH3 on wii was great. i loved it. but i spent most of the time with online co-op. i dont think i will buy it without online co-op

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

We'll see what gets announced next week. I want this game badly, but I want online mode for sure. I'm sure its a given, and that's why it was left out of the details... right?

Samholy

Samholy said:

it needs online. if not, i will probably let it rest on shelves. there is so many titles i wanna buy.

heroes of ruins will probably kill it if monster hunter doesnt have online.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@14 I totally agree. If it doesn't have online then heroes is where ill be. However those monsters would sure look good in 3d!

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

The Wii version of this looked EPIC. The underwater scenes are epic. Never been too into Monster Hunter or RPGs but this one just looks too good to pass on. Famitsu gave the Wii version a perfect score so I do believe I'll be trying out my new analog stick when this game launches. To quote Jaws, "We're gonna need a bigger 3DS..."

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

why don't you guys wait until after the Tokyo Game Show to make the decision whether or not to get this game. That's when more information will be out about this game, including whether they will have online or not

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Too bad this news had to come alongside that horrendous second circle pad add-on. I really wanted to be happy about this.

MadScientistMan

MadScientistMan said:

My first impression of this news: Whoooo! Whooooo!
But then my mum said: "If you have that much energy you'll be taking the dog for a walk", I shut up after that! :D Hopefully this game has cross platform online multiplayer beetween the wii and 3ds versions

shonenjump86

shonenjump86 said:

Cool, but I wish it was a brand new game rather than an upgrade of the Wii game. Not sure if I will be getting this.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

Yay, will definitely pick this up. Never quite got into the MH3 Wii community, but will have to try with this.

@16: Hey Sockymon! I've Streetpass'd you in Leeds quite a lot the last few weeks (my Mii's name is Kai) :P

siavm

siavm said:

I will pass. I was going to get it if it was new but this is just a port of the wii game I already have. I beat that game online and offline. And still play it time and time again. But I am not doing that all over again with only one new monster and a few tweaked things. Now when this is new or has more monsters and new locations I am back in.

TheAmazingRaccoon

TheAmazingRaccoon said:

boooooooooooooooooooooooo local multiplayer.

I hate you so much >:(

It is fine when it is on a home console, but on a handheld it is useless

zezhyrule

zezhyrule said:

What about bad camera controls? No one complained until they realized it was coming to the 3DS.

koryz12

koryz12 said:

It looks amazing but with Monster hunter must have online if it does I will buy it day one too.