A New Zelda Figurine is Available for Pre-Order

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Link rides into view

Some of you may already be aware of the Twilight Princess "Master Arts" series of figurines from First 4 Figures. There have been two models up to now, the first represents Zant, the villain from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, while the second portrays Midna and Wolf Link. The third figure is now confirmed, and it's possibly the most iconic yet.

The new figurine represents Link and Epona, one of the most memorable images of the GameCube and Wii title. This is also going to be a rather hefty centrepiece, measuring at approximately 17 inches tall and 16 inches long, so enthusiasts will need to clear some room. The normal version will have 1500 pieces available at $424.99.

Like the other models in this series, there is also an 'exclusive' version, which will only have a production run of 500 units. This edition has a bronze finish and will set you back $449.99. Whether this metal Link appeals to you is a matter of taste, but it resembles a golden version of a certain power-up made famous in Super Mario 64.

Are any of you collectors, and do you plan to spend some rupees on these figurines?

[via gameinformer.com]

Related Games

JayArr

JayArr said:

O.O That is beautiful. Not $449.00 worth of beautiful but still amazing.

JettiBlue

JettiBlue said:

I'm a collector and I can tell you it IS worth the money, given the size and high-end quality. It could easily have cost more from other manufacturers.

I pre-ordered one, and also the Metroid Prime Gunship with the ultra-cool lighting effects :D

jkshaz

jkshaz said:

Oh man how I would love to have one of these. Unfortunately there is no way in my right (or left) mind I can justify spending that much money on one..........and that would be assuming I had that much sitting around. Nonetheless they look beautiful.

Splat

Splat said:

I would rather have $500 worth of games than something that is just going to sit there and look cool.

Meta-Rift

Meta-Rift said:

@11: That one is only for Europe. I wasn't specifically talking about the Link figurine, just stuff like figurines in general.

MetalMario

MetalMario said:

"Certain Power up in Super Mario 64"

Hi! :D

But seriously, so awesome. I want it, but I don't have that kind of money.

Tigus

Tigus said:

I would love to have that in my house but sadly I cant fork over that kind of money. .

ueI

ueI said:

@Iz20XX: Maybe 1,500 is the number of statues they're producing.

Unfortunately, I'm not willing to spend the money on these. I do think the bronze finish is worth the extra $25.

cwdlong

cwdlong said:

The normal version looks better than the deluxe I think. Neither look like 400+ bucks though.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

Oh wow, when I win the lottery, I'll definitely buy one of these and the Metal Sonic figure :D

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

Really not a fan of the bronze one, but whatever floats your boat...

Are these really worth the cash though? The normal one is a nice-looking figure, but over $400 dollars worth?

How well do these things appreciate in value?