Wii Budget Range Grows with Super Mario Galaxy and More

Posted by James Newton

More red boxes on 28th August

That recent rumour about new Nintendo Selects games turned out to be true: four new games will slot into North America's budget range on 28th August.

Topping the bill is legendary platformer Super Mario Galaxy, alongside papery adventure Super Paper Mario, Mario Strikers Charged Football and the non-Mario game Punch-Out!!.

The four titles will drop to $19.99 from 28th August, joining Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Mario Super Sluggers, Wii Sports and Animal Crossing: City Folk in the cheap classics line-up.

Will you get any of these newly-reduced games?

Nintendo News: Nintendo Adds More Games to Value-Minded ‘Nintendo Selects’ Collection for Wii

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Consumers and their families soon will be able to experience even more must-play games for the Wii™ system at an excellent value. Nintendo has announced the addition of four games to the Nintendo® Selects collection, a hot-selling series of fun, family-friendly Wii games offered at a suggested retail price of $19.99 each. Starting Aug. 28, the Nintendo Selects lineup grows to include Super Paper Mario™, Mario Strikers™ Charged, Punch-Out!!™ and Super Mario Galaxy™, which is recognized as one of the most acclaimed Wii games of all time.

Already enjoyed by millions of players around the globe, games in the Nintendo Selects collection offer boundless fun at an enticing price for Wii users of any experience level, whether they want to expand their own game libraries or find affordable, fun-packed gifts for loved ones. The Wii console, which comes bundled with the Mario Kart™ Wii game and the Wii Wheel™ accessory, delivers extraordinary entertainment value for families and is available for a suggested retail price of $149.99.

Three of the four new additions to the Nintendo Selects collection invite players to interact with Nintendo’s iconic Mario™ character in imaginative and entertaining ways: Super Mario Galaxy is an out-of-this-world adventure in which Mario must travel through outer space to rescue Princess Peach™ from the devious Bowser™; Super Paper Mario offers classic Mario RPG action that can be switched from flat 2D worlds to a full open-world perspective; and Mario Strikers Charged finds the Mushroom Kingdom crew storming the soccer field for fast-paced athletic kicks. Also, the fan-favorite Punch-Out!! game delivers motion-controlled boxing thrills with a host of memorable characters. All four games feature multiplayer modes that let friends and family members have fun together.

Previously announced games in the Nintendo Selects collection include The Legend of Zelda™: Twilight Princess, Animal Crossing™: City Folk, Mario™ Super Sluggers and Wii Sports™.

For more information about the Nintendo Selects game collection, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wii/console/nintendoselects.

Related Games

JaredJ

JaredJ said:

Yes I will be buying Punch-Out!! as Well! I'm hoping Warioland Shake it will be become a selects title.

Stine

Stine said:

Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario to Europe, please? That would be awesome.

DrakeStaff

Drake said:

I just got an email from Nintendo of Europe, Europe will get Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy only.

Kevin

Kevin said:

Why did they release Wii Sports in outside of Japan? We get it for free with our Wii!

Cipher

Cipher said:

@Kevin As of May, Wii consoles sold in North America and Europe include Mario Kart Wii instead of Wii Sports.

JustAnotherUser

JustAnotherUser said:

When this comes to the UK I am picking up 2 of these.
Punch-out and Mario Strikers charged, I have the other two.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

I've been planning on picking up Punch-Out, and now seems like an opportune time.

KaiserGX

KaiserGX said:

I feel bad that I had just bought Punch-Out last 2 weeks. But I only payed an extra 8 dollars. I am going to pretend I payed one day shipping.

bonesy91

bonesy91 said:

Can't wait! Want to pick up Super paper mario (love that game) and Mario Galaxy (finally 100%ed Galaxy 2 so I need me some more mario) :D

Sneaker13

Sneaker13 said:

Such a shame that I already have all those games (when they were more expensive). Except for Sluggers, but that one hasn't been released in Europe :(

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

Definitely will be picking up Punch-Out and especially Super Paper Mario, since even used copies of that one tend to still be on the pricey side.

A lot of people have been talking about wanting Warioland to be a budget title on this thread but I got a new copy of it for exactly what these other games cost ($19.99) a few months ago. Maybe it's just more expensive in other countries?

rjejr

rjejr said:

Will finally get Paper Mario - heard it starts with lots of reading so I passed originally, will be good for my now 6 yr. old now. Wonder what I could get for my old beat up copy of Strikers w/ I got used with a manual?

chiptoon

chiptoon said:

I want Punch-OUt.

I didin't enjoy Super Paper Mario. About hlaf way through I began to feel like the game designers were a clutch of hipsters (thats the collective noun there) who were taking the piss a bit.

PeteyPiranhaFan

PeteyPiranhaFan said:

Well this is quite a councidence! My 19th birthday is August 28th! Too bad I already have Mario Strikers Charged. On the bright side, My aunt paid for it last year. Being as old as I am I doubt I could convince my mother to get any of those for me. My Aunt maybe.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Get Punch-Out!! and Super Paper Mario if you haven't. Both excellent games and some of the Wii's best.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

Definitely will get SPM. Maybe Punch Out too if I find time for it. If you don't have Galaxy yet, what are you doing on Nlife? Go play it!

Kid_A

Kid_A said:

Well I'm definitely picking up Super Paper Mario. I never got a chance to beat it before I had to give it back to my friend that I was borrowing it from. Everyone should buy Punch-Out!! as well--it's one of the Wii's best, and one of my all-time favorite games.

JumpmanZ

JumpmanZ said:

Super Paper Mario, now that it's so low. I haven't played it but I recently beat Thousand-Year Door. I might get Mario Galaxy now, but I already have Galaxy 2, so I'm not sure on that one. I'll also pick up Twilight Princess once I finish Ocarina and Majora on VC.

1080ike

1080ike said:

I need to get Punch-Out!!, and I should probably get Galaxy too, seeing as I never got around to beating it when I rented it.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Hmmm now might be a good time to pick up Super Paper Mario. I have Punch Out and I wasnt a big fan of Galaxy.

JonWahlgrenAdmin

JonWahlgren said:

This reminds me I need to get back to pummeling Punch-Out!! Think I might pick up Strikers too, been meaning to try it out for a while.

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

I have 3 of the 4 already and feel confident they were all well worth the $50 I paid for them. I may pick up that remaining title however.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

I'll be getting Punch Out!!!

I already have the others :)

I recommend Wario Land and Excite Bots to be the next- even though you can get them for $20 at Best Buy.

Oh, and maybe Metroid Prime 3. I got the Trilogy set for $20 on sale at Best Buy the same year it came out for Christmas. Best $20 I've spent. Next day, it shot back to $50. Maybe Nintendo will think of selling Metroid Trilogy + Other M for $25 or $30 to celebrate Metroid's 25th? Stranger things has happened.

47drift

47drift said:

I own all of them but Mario Strikers Charged. I was a big fan of the original on the GameCube, but is the Wii one worth picking up?

Mikau94

Mikau94 said:

When will Wario Land Shake get a price drop in North America. I will pick up Punch-out and Strikers, I already have the other 2.

GotWii

GotWii said:

I am hoping this will force GameStop to drop used prices dramatically on these

Yellowtails

Yellowtails said:

Yes! I will get Super Mario Galaxy. I have the second game, but now I can get the first one again for cheap. I might get Mario Strikers again. I already have Paper Mario. I'm not sure about Punch Out.

Gamesake

Gamesake said:

Punch Out!!! was not worth $40 or $50. After playing it I can say $20 is much more reasonable. Good show Nintendo!

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

Wario Land definitly desserves more love, it beats the crap out of Galaxy if you ask me.
Anyways, I already have SMG, Punch-Out!! and Super Paper Mario and I could care less for Strikers.

Ron22

Ron22 said:

I'll be getting Punch-Out!!
I already have Super Mario Galaxy. I had very little fun with Super Paper Mario and even less fun with Mario Strikers Charged when I borrowed them.

PeteyPiranhaFan

PeteyPiranhaFan said:

My mother's friend got me Super Paper Mario for my Birthday today! On an unrelated note my mother found Harry Potter Years 1-4 for Wii for a bargin! I'm waiting at home right now for them! on another side note my birthday is the same day the new select titles came out! Just for those with different time zones.