WayForward Releases New Mighty Switch Force Screenshots

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Check out the game in action!

All of you 'Mighty' fans out there are in for a real treat as WayForward has just posted a brand new batch of screenshots of its upcoming 3DS eShop game Mighty Switch Force in action on its official Facebook page.

We'll be taking the game for a spin in the coming weeks and we'll have a full preview of the game shortly thereafter. In the meantime, keep your eyes peeled for more news and information on the next game in this amazing series.
Untitled

[via facebook.com]

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

...eh. It'll be overpriced, short, will look like a Super NES game and will play like a really good Super NES game. Waiting for reviews...and looking at a lot of them. Not ever letting a Mighty Flip Champs happen to my handheld again.

Rockmirth

Rockmirth said:

why do always WayForward make a hot girl as the main char? not complaining just thinking. cant wait for this!

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

@Rockmirth What makes her 'hot'? It's a character!

But I can't wait for this one, hope it comes soon. It looks fun by the screenshots, also looks like my kinda game.

Late

Late said:

It looks a lot like Gunstar Heroes :) I just might get this.

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

@2, @3

I also hated Mighty Flip Champs. It may have had some visual charm, but its core gameplay was little more than increasingly tedious memorization. Why would one ever replay a level for a better time, when all it comes down to is remembering the sequence then mindlessly executing it? Even the first time through a maze is so very mechanical, trying different paths and retreading when needed.

MFC looked like a classic platformer but was in truth just a maze puzzle that wouldn't stand out at all without the retro graphics. This game, on the other hand, looks like a real platformer, so I'm cautiously interested.

Mr_DSi

Mr_DSi said:

Looks like I'm not the only one who did not like Mighty Flip Champs. I got the game the day it came out and beat it that same day. Not only did I feel that the game was extremely short (for 800 points) but I also thought that it got really boring really fast. That's why I don't have high hopes for this one. Hopefully it's good but I seriously doubt I will be getting it.

accc

accc said:

@warioswoods Maybe you would have enjoyed it more if you tried solving the puzzles by planning your moves ahead and figuring out what was going to happen, instead of mindlessly using brute force trial and error. That's kind of the point of puzzle games, you know.

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

Ya, I'm much more interested in WayForwards 'Contra-like' Aliens Coming out for the DS....That and Kirby Massive Attack will be the last 2 farewell letter for the DS. :p

Oh and of course the new Professor Layton...However, Layton's puzzles for the most part just don't float my boat.

Kifa

Kifa said:

Now that is what is called 'pixel ART'. Can't wait to see it in motion and to actually play it!

As for the Mighty Flip Champs - I've initially thought of buying it, but after seeing some gameplay videos reading about it's gameplay mechanics decided to skip it. Not necessarily a bad game, but not quite what I expected from WayForward.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I wonder what this will look like in action and I don't get why theres all this hate for MFC, its my favourite game on dsiware.

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

@accc

It's not really much of a puzzle game, more of a maze. Yes, with mazes you try to anticipate the correct route using the available clues, and I certainly did so, just as any other player. However, in the end, there isn't much to it other than picking from maybe 2-3 possible routes at any juncture and following the logical sequences.

That's why most back-of-the-cereal-box mazes are not particularly engaging; you get to pick the best route, but you spend most of your time simply tracing along the obvious courses to the end.

-DL-

-DL- said:

I like how WayFoward usually makes the main character of their game an attractive chick.

siavm

siavm said:

@Corbs
I liked it but not everyone is going to like it. We are all different. So please respect his opinion and don't look down on him. It makes the site like bad when you do, especially since you are part of the site.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@warioswoods

Last I checked, a lot of people like maze games, that's why they put them on the back of cereal boxes and sell whole books of them. Just saying.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

I really liked the take on mazes in MFC. You really had to think more about where the best path would be, and some of the later levels were much harder then what you'd find on the back of a Lucky Charms box. I felt it really utilized the dual screens to improve on a classic.

That being said, if you don't like maze games, of course you won't like it. I haven't even gotten to Shantae and MMW though - I'm not sure when I'll get to this! It's a shame, because I love Wayforward's games!

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

I also did not like MFC. If you like it though, I will respect your opinion.
I'm a lot more interested in this game. If the pricing is right I might get it near launch day. I really hope it doesn't cost nearly as much as Shantae.

Justaguest

Justaguest said:

@2I hated Mighty Flip Champs too. Well I did complete it and scored every S Rank but that was mainly cause it cost 800 points and I felt bad for it just "sitting" there so i got through it this summer after 1 year owning it. I am glad I am not alone not likeing it:D

moosa

moosa said:

LoL Corbie's Facebook page... You don't like NFL much do you Corbie?

RoyalBlur

RoyalBlur said:

I'm a fan of WayForward's and this game looks really good.

I don't understand why people would complain about Mighty Flip Champs but then again we are all individuals and we all appreciate different things. I really and truly playing Mighty Flip Chaps as the game poked and prodded your brain encouraging one to think and plan ahead instead of mindlessly pushing buttons.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I have YET to tap into this series, but I like what I see in ALL the games and will be getting ALL of them soon enough.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Is WayForward on it's way to becoming king of side scrollers? Sure looks like it's getting there, especially among 3rd party developers. Don't see Konami or Capcom doing much to keep the crown.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

1. We all like different stuff. End story.
2. @ryanthehedgehog: #6 Matt Bozan probably likes having an excuse to make scantily clad female characters.

In this case, if the main character's supposed to be an android, one could assume that even though this game will/may probably end up nothing like Metroid, that WF made the character an android, so that @ the forefront of gamers' minds(particularly gamers who don't usually check games out online), that there would be no misconception that this game is any way an attempted clone of Samus/Metroid. B/c that misconception could easily happen, amongst the uninformed gamers.