These 3DS Download Titles Are On Their Way This Year

Posted by James Newton

Promise

So far we've only seen third-party download game in the Nintendo 3DS eShop, the decent but could-do-better Let's Golf! 3D. That offering is set to multiply significantly by year's end though, as Nintendo announces the 3DS download games on the way before 2012.

Mighty Switch Force from WayForward will see release this Autumn, followed by Mutant Mudds in December. Sandwiched in between is Zen Pinball 3D, down for a wide-open Quarter 4 release date.

Before all that, Europe will receive 3D Classics: Twinbee on 22nd September, with Enjoy Gaming's puzzler Pyramids down for release in September too.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Darn, Mutant Mudds is so far away. I hope that Mighty Switch Force isn't too far off but an Autumn release is pretty vague. I can't wait to try out Twinbee in 3D. Oh and Zen Pinball in 3D sounds interesting.

Kifa

Kifa said:

Twinbee! I hoped that we'll get that at some point, but didn't expect this year. That's really, really great news right there. And Mighty Switch Force might be something worth investigating too. My wallet is ready. ;)

BenAV

BenAV said:

Good to see Twinbee coming so soon.
Quite looking forward to that.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

While it's about time for more original 3DS Ware it's still great to see it will mostz likely get on track before the end of the year. Can't wait to find out more about these games. :)

DrWadsy

DrWadsy said:

Super keen for Mutant Mudds, and probably Mighty Switch Force... we'll see :)

47drift

47drift said:

If Zen Pinball is Pinball FX2 then sign me up. I played the Fantastic Four table to death on the 360.

JarredBuzzo

JarredBuzzo said:

I can't wait for Mighty Switch Force and Mutant Mudds.... those will be some awesome downloads. I personally feel like there should be more advertising for these games, but I still can't wait!!!!

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

None of these games interest me. You cant just fall for the gimmick when they are all bad/moderate games.

Ultranintendofanboy

Ultranintendofanboy said:

It doesn't compare to the japanese 3DSWare 14 titles however this is a big step for the EU, US and NA 3DSWare and those titles at least most of them are going to be amazing :)

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

I'm kinda sad this this is all we're getting this year unless there are a few surprises, but what is there is most likely quality stuff. Here's to hoping 3DSWare will be a successful platform.

pikku

pikku said:

Whoa, I want Mighty Switchy Force, Mutant Mudd, and maybe 3D Classics Twinbee. Not to mention Super Mario Land 2, Metroid II, Bionic Commando, and that one Megamn game I cbf to remember the title of. D:

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I'm getting ALL the Mighty games at once when I get a chance. As for Pinball, I'm a nut for it, but not all of them have been good lately besides Pinball Pulse, so I'll look forward to more info and the review.

OldBoy

OldBoy said:

Can't wait for ZenPinball. The last handheld Pinball game I played was Metroid Pinball ( which is awesome) but it will be nice to have another option.
Pinball = Perfect handheld fodder :)

tanookisuit

tanookisuit said:

Sweet jeebus Zen Pinball! I love that package up on the PSN and got it the day it popped out. To have that on the go wherever is a total must buy for me. Glad to see something showing up other than that 'yes it is good enough and then some' Let's Golf 3D.

SpicyDuck

SpicyDuck said:

Zen pinball was a lot of fun when I had it for the ps3, so it probably will be a lot of fun for the 3DS! Can't wait!

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

Pinball in 3D, sounds like fun. I want Mighty Switch Force and Mutant Mudds to come sooner, though. I rarely play Let's Golf anymore.

SyFyTy

SyFyTy said:

I feel strongly that the 3DS is nothing less than an experiment in how an 'All Download' model of business will work. I wouldn't be surprised if the 3ds is the last handheld with carts of any kind. Also it was a way to end piracy with poor support for older ds ttles on it. No one will prirate them if they look crappy, even after the supposed update.