Tekken 3D Prime Edition Shots and Trailer Pack a Punch

Posted by James Newton

Tekken returns to Nintendo

It's been a long time since Tekken graced a Nintendo console — its last and only appearance was on Game Boy Advance nearly 10 years ago. It's about to make a big return though, coming to both Wii U and 3DS next year.

The handheld version is named Tekken 3D Prime Edition and is already shaping up to give current portable pugilists Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition and Dead or Alive: Dimensions a run for their money.

Is there space in your 3DS collection for the King of Iron Fist?

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

LOL... I didn't even know a Tekken game EVER graced a Nintendo console. I'll have to peek at it, but I'm sure it was watered down. In any case, at least a proper Tekken will grace Nintendo's systems as Tekken was intended to be.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

I'm interested for sure. But I really want to see Soul Calibur on 3DS. They are beautiful games- visually and it's soundtrack.

MetroidMasher17

MetroidMasher17 said:

When I saw the word Prime, I thought a new Metroid was announced. Oh, well. This looks pretty cool too.

BJQ1972

BJQ1972 said:

I'm intrigued by the fact the game includes a 3D movie too. I wonder if it is Tekken:Blood Vengeance that is also included in Tekken Hybrid on the PS3.

Edit:- It is blood vengeance. What a great bonus.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

I know ppl who give me a look when I mention Tekken and Street Fighter in the same sentence. (This was before Street Fighter x Tekken).

Can't wait to check more of this 3DS Tekken out!!!! :FistPump!:

Simmer_E

Simmer_E said:

Lili !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slimmario99

slimmario99 said:

are they gonna make a 3d mortal kombat that would be awesome and tekken better have online play

thanos316

thanos316 said:

the more the merrier i always say. we always need more choices, not everyone likes the same thing so variety is good to have on a console. not everyone thinks sf series is the best fighter of all time, but enjoy watever you like. im glad to see developers are finally embracing ninty consoles again

Squid

Squid said:

Mayyyyyybbbbbbeeeeee..... There's just so much coming out soon...

GARF13LD

GARF13LD said:

Cannot wait for this I love Tekken, I only bought DOA due to the lack of a Tekken game and now we are getting one.

After the poor release titles the 3DS got it's really picking up steam now with the future titles coming out.

Drewciffer

Drewciffer said:

Game looks pretty good! Anyone know if it plays more like Street Fighter (stuck in a linear fighting ring) or DOA? (can move dimensionally through the arenas)

Ren

Ren said:

wow that trailer is awesome! And the game looks promising, too.. SF4 looked great too, but got boring really fast.
Pretty neat that it comes with a whole 3d tekken movie, too.
hey, whats with all the exciting screenshots of empty backgrounds? are those the secret unlockable invisible fighters or what?

TheGreenSpiny

TheGreenSpiny said:

Tekken is awesome but I would prefer Soul Calibur as that is my favorite fighting series, Maybe they can add a playable Mario?

@21: It plays more like DOA.

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

@21 It's a 3D fighter like DoA.

Looks like another one for my wishlist.

By the way, I have Tekken Advance, and it's a decent game, but it's extremely limited compared to its arcade and console counterparts, especially graphically. The characters are barely recognizable and sometimes even appear to have teeth missing.

TheKingOfTown

TheKingOfTown said:

@Mao
No it doesn't!

Anyway I can't see the video for some reason. It says BandiaChannel blocked from copyright grounds.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

Man this is great news! I love Tekken! I'm getting this game day one. It looks good and I'm sure it will have some improvements before launch so this is just fantastic news! I might even sell SSFlV for this. (probably not.)
If it has online I will gladly take anyone on with Lily!! >:3

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

Well thanks for taking down the video, Bandai! But anyways, even though I had SSFIV, sold it, and now have DoA I'll end up getting this. Tekken seems awesome.

James

James said:

Video is up now. Lord only knows why this video was provided for download from Namco Bandai in the first place if it's only going to block it on copyright grounds later :

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

I love Tekken Advance on GBA, that game was fun, very balance roster, had awesome soundtracks, cool backgrounds, and a lot of ass kicking modes to enjoy. I would definitely get this upcoming one too, now all we need on 3DS are The King of Fighters, Virtua Fighter, Samurai Shodown, Soul Calibur, Darkstalkers, and Mortal Kombat.

Dyl_73

Dyl_73 said:

@ retro_player_22
Me too. Tekken Advance was brilliant. How they managed to fit that game on the tiny advance I'll never understand. If they do as good a job on this as they did with that then it'll be the best brawler on the DS. I've tried SSF:IV and DoA and neither held my attention for very long. Tekken has always been my personal favourite.

dap594

dap594 said:

YES YES YES! Tekken is the best fighting game ever. I'm so pleased they kept the panda!!!!!!!

Highwinter

Highwinter said:

Mortal Kombat next, maybe? That's the one I've really been waiting for, the recent reboot was such a breath of fresh air for fighting games.

Tekken is still welcome though, as long as they've ditched those awful adventure modes.

RYBlast

RYBlast said:

Now that the 3DS has a SF game and a Tekken game, WHERE'S SF X TEKKEN ALREADY?

Expa0

Expa0 said:

This is currently the only 3DS game, which I'm REALLY excited about. Please Namco.. Do not fail me.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

It looks pretty cool. The thing that intrigues me the most is that young Heihachi battling with recent characters like Asuka or Lili. Same as DOA, the four button scheme will work wonders on the 3DS (until you have to do King's combo grabs, of course), hopefully it will have shortcuts for multiple button presses like SSFIV.

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

@35: Street Fighter X Tekken will also be released on the 3DS ;)

Now I hope they - Namco - Will also release Tekken X Street Fighter!