Rumour: MTV Has Release Dates for Mario 3DS Outings

Posted by James Newton

Salt at the ready

Nintendo's press release this morning for the Flame Red 3DS launch mentioned upcoming titles but only stuck to its vague November and December windows for Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7. Now the MTV Multiplayer blog thinks it has the exact North American release dates.

The blog puts Mario's 3D platformer out on 13th November and the air-sea-land racer for 4th December.

How accurate these release dates are we do not know, but we thought you'd be interested to see them all the same. Start telling us if your birthday coincides with one of these release dates so we may share your joy.

[via multiplayerblog.mtv.com]

Related Games

Dynetheous

Dynetheous said:

if thats so, then ill be asking for mario land 3d for my B-Day Nov 16! and mario kart 7 will be a early Christmas present :3

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

If these are true, I hope they're early on in their respective release months for Europe too. I hope they reveal the release date for Professor Layton and the spectre's call soon, I predict an October release for that.

Dynetheous

Dynetheous said:

it says skyward sword comes out nov 2 but i highly doubt thats true, but if it is, then i would be so happy:)

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

Lol'd at the last sentence.

Whenever it is, it's not late enough for me, since I want to get them for Christmas and don't want to hear about how great they are until I have them. :|

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

I wanna see more videos of Mario 3D Land. I'm definitely buying it but right now I'm not "OMGSOEXCITED!!!" like I was at, say, NSMBW or Mario Galaxy 2. Right now it just seems like more of the same to me.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

The development is going awfully fast for Super Mario 3D Land. It scares me just a bit wondering how long it will take going past a level, how hard, or puzzling a level is, and is there still 120 flags to go down? As like the other Super Mario games. And what is the story anyways?

Ikalpo

Ikalpo said:

@Koops3 What do you mean, story?

To be serious though, I'm hoping for something more to do with the rest of the charecters, you know, the ones that are in all the sports games, but don't have any backstory in any of them.

Punny

Punny said:

Both releases fall on a Sunday, which seems like "high profile day" in Nintendo's eyes. Maybe MTV is onto something...

Blaze

Blaze said:

Great! The earlier the better, seeing as I used all the money I got for my twelth birthday on April 11th to preorder Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Kid Icarus Uprising and Star Fox 64, these can't come soon enough! I'll probably get Cave Story 3D and Sonic Generations for christmas.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

If true, these dates would be fine. Sundays are the ideal time for Nintendo to release a high-profile game.

Incredible-JMAN

Incredible-JMAN said:

hmm.. by the time november/december arrives... ill probably have enough money for both :P I'll also be playing my 20 free games with my ambassador self

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Yeah, MTV, the same people who think Jersey Shore is quality television. I'll wait for Nintendo's confirmation. ^^;

WaLzgiStaff

WaLzgi said:

Wow, what a bunch of cheapskates! Birthdays should be abolished! Too many spoiled kids! :D

ianmage1

ianmage1 said:

I'll probably buy Super Mario 3D Land on day 1, but wait a while for Mario Kart 7. I really would like to know when Kid Icarus: Uprising is going to release.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

Huh? I always thought Mario Kart 7 was going to come out first. I wonder how that got in my head? :|

SteveW

SteveW said:

Gamestop gave me a list of release dates when I picked up my 3DS and it had Kid Icarus and Mario Kart to be released in June, they must be selling well because I can't find them! that store just loves to make up dates to generate pre-orders...

Pj1

Pj1 said:

Well one of these games will be on my Christmas list and the other will buy...

JumpmanZ

JumpmanZ said:

Super Mario 3D Land is coming out five days after my birthday. I can wait a little bit for my present. :D

zyxion