Rumour: Kojima Preparing Zone of the Enders on 3DS

Posted by James Newton

Contains ZOE mode

Hideo Kojima's best known for his Metal Gear Solid series — already confirmed for 3DS in the form of Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D, of course — but his Zone of the Enders games on PS2 are fondly remembered by fans of Japanese robots that blow each other up. The series has been dormant for a few years, but it might be ready to reemerge on 3DS.

Kojima recently Tweeted a photo of a model from the series, with the words "Z.O.E. 3DS" seemingly written in the background. Note how the 3DS font cleverly mirrors the Z.O.E. text, except without those pesky full stops.

It wouldn't be the series' first appearance on a Nintendo portable either: 2002 saw the release of Zone of the Enders: The Fist of Mars on Game Boy Advance, and with a HD remake of the first two PS2 games heading to PS3 and Xbox 360 now would be the perfect time to resurrect the series.

That's all we've got to go on for now, but we may hear more at Gamescom or next month's Tokyo Games Show.

[via videogamer.com]

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

I've got no idea what this series is like.......but I'm getting a Custom Robo vibe and I'm loving it.

Blink

Blink said:

Dang, at first I thought this had something to do with Ender's Game, but disappointment seems to be my mistress today.
Oh well.

irken004

irken004 said:

The first two ZOE games were on the PS2, and one side-story game on the GBA

Tethers

Tethers said:

@ Nintendolife: Why do you mark the news as a rumour? Don't you think that such a picture isn't clear enough?^^

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

Don't know much about the series but even if it just plays like the GBA game it could be cool. So bring it on Kojima. :)

moosa

moosa said:

OH GOSH OH GOSH OH GOSH...
Kinda would have rather it was announced for Wii U but OH GOSH...

Noire

Noire said:

OhmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodOHMYGOD.

Please do this, Kojima, this game alone would make my 3DS worth it twice over. I freaking loooooooove Zone of the Enders. Make it happen!

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

Mickey Mac will probably piss his Gundam Undies once he hears the news. :p Anyways, I've played a bit of ZOE2 back on the PS2...Great for what it is, just not my cup of tea...

tripunktoj

tripunktoj said:

On the left edge of the image you can see 8/5:2 ... most likely a crpped text that wasnt mean to appear on the image, but it could be also hinting something (maybe a date)