Roll With this New Trailer for Star Fox 64 3D

Posted by James Newton

It's got special vehicles in it

Presumably all the vehicles in Star Fox 64 3D are special — they're flown by animals, after all — but these machines are extra special.

Ahead of the game's release in September, Nintendo's put out a trailer to remind you — or teach you, if this is your first go-around with the Star Fox crew — about the magnificent machines at your disposal in the upcoming 3D remake.

Will you be going head-to-head with Fox, Slippy and the rest?

SuperLink

SuperLink said:

The underwater stage seems like a space stage underwater...kind of a cheap gimmick...

But, anyway, I really want this game, and I look forward to the multiplayer dogfights. ;)

Skotski

Skotski said:

For some reason, this trailer made me think a gritty 3rd person shooter would look great on the 3DS...

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

O_o?There were submarines? I finished the game and never got to drive a submarine. Must have been a branching path.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

@TeeJay: #7 The Blue Marine was usable on Aquas ~ the 3rd planet on the hard path. Technically, the 2cd on the hard path, 3rd if you count Corneria. I forget exactly what requirements you had to fulfill @ Sector Y, I think it was like shoot 150 enemies, or take a certain path in-level. More than 100 hits in Sector Y. I had to look it up, since I forgot.

Shadowflash

Shadowflash said:

@TeeJay Yeah, they were in that Aqua planet. I hate that level because it so dark, so you don't really see a danger until it's too late :P . Besides that, deep underwater things always creep me out for some reason.

Even though I have this game for the original N64 and VC, I'll pick this one up a 3rd time :D .

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

I don't know. Somehow i think this would have been amazing 3DSWare. But as a retail title ... :| Yes, it could be too big for the service but it still would have been great.
Got it on the VC so i'll only get it if it becomes cheap one day.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Woo, that tank segment looked impressive. I have to watch the 3D trailer now!

yoyogamer

yoyogamer said:

The graphics look amazing! Star Fox 64 may not be as good a game as Oot, but this remake looks like its has had more effort put in to it.

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

Aw, when I first read the description, I though they were adding more vehicles to the game. It's just the same old stuff. Which is still good, don't get me wrong.

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

I already saw this on the eShop. But this is awesome, I cannot wait for this game to come out.

Mao

Mao said:

The new Star Fox 64 3D looks bad....I'm very disappointed. It's going to be the same exact thing as before.

C-195

C-195 said:

@Mao That's why it's call a remake and being the exact type of awesomeness as before isn't a bad thing.

jer18

jer18 said:

Bummer, I read this too quick and expected to see NEW vehicles, haha. Well, as Falco would say, "I'll take the sky any day!"

Dizzard

Dizzard said:

I've never played Lylat Wars. The only star fox game I've actually played was Star Fox Adventures on the gamecube. I'm most familiar with Fox from the smash bros series.

I might have to get this

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

After seeing the games for Playstation Vita at Gamescom this week, I can safely make this conclusion: Vita games are far superior than 3DS games...but there are more 3DS games. Which balances it out. If I had to choose only one, I'd take the Vita, b/c it can do more in terms of making a full console-quality game. Much more. Especially 1st person shooters, which not a ONE has been announced for 3DS. But, being a Shinobi and all, i must say Shinobi 3DS is a killer app.

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

For nostalgia, I am picking this up. Most likely not going to pre-order though, I try to not deal with Gamestop if I don't have to. I will make sure to pick it up the first week though, just in case it's tough to find.

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

The PS Vita vs. 3DS argument is nothing like the PSP vs. DS argument. For one, Sony learned from mistakes and already has over 80 publishers working on games for the Vita. I would actually say the Vita has a better lineup of games because it covers every genre, while 3DS doesnt have a SINGLE 1st-person shooter on tap. I'm not a 1st-person shooter junkie, but Game Informer did a poll about which genre was peoples favorite and 1st-persons were atop the list. I happen to agree w/ that. For 2, even if a lot of those 80 developers back out, you still have the whole library of PSP games and PS minis to download from. 3DS lost a huge franchise when Assassin's Creed backed out and went over to Vita.

From a tech standpoint, they're pretty close. 3DS has 3D, which is obviously really cool. REALLY cool. Vita has dual sticks, which make for a lot better control options for developers. Vita has more power and memory. Which means you'll get bigger, longer, and faster games. But...Metal Gear 3D and Resident Evil Revelations will show the 3DS CAN provide a next-gen console gaming experience. There just aren't many companies as good as Konami and Capcom to make those.

The biggest deciding factor should be the likely exclusive titles for each system. Vita has Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance, Wipeout, Little Big Planet, and Bioshock. 3DS has Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion, Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Star Fox, and Conduit.

BEST IDEA: Instead of buying one of the systems and buying a buttload of games for it, most of which are average, buy BOTH systems. Only buy the best of the best games for each system. It'll cost about the same in the long run and you'll be livin' in a gamer's paradise.

NeoShinobi

NeoShinobi said:

@shinobi88: I don't see how bringing up the Vita was necessary here, but all right then.

I'm not all that interested in this remake, but that trailer was still pretty awesome.

Blue_Yoshi

Blue_Yoshi said:

I love how they maintain the style of aerial combat while on the ground and sea. I heard that the Landmaster Tank is only in 2 stages and the Blue-Marine is in , if thats the case I hope they add more bonus stages using these vehicles because to show us a trailer showing us such great gameplay with them would only be a shame if we could barely use them.