Nintendo Rep Backpedals on Game Boy Advance Kirby

Posted by James Newton

Sad.

Last week we heard a rumour that Kirby and the Amazing Mirror made up part of the Game Boy Advance section of the 3DS Ambassador program. We marked this as a rumour, and now it seems that rumour may not be true.

Nintendo customer service sent out a follow-up email to Brandon Drumheller, correcting the earlier information that put Kirby and the Amazing Mirror and Super Mario Bros 3: Super Mario Advance 4 in the frame:

Hello,

We recently sent you an email regarding the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program. Please note that our response may have included some incorrect information about which Game Boy Advance games will be available.

The press release from Thursday, July 28th included the correct list of titles to be made available for Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors. Below, is a link to that press release.

We apologize for any confusion.

Back to square one, then.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Knew there was a problem when the list omitted Yoshi's Island. Shame, I really wanted Kirby's Amazing Mirror to come.:(

nano43

nano43 said:

Those games look pretty good. Kirby and the amazing mirror would have been a nice addition though.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

damn! i was really looking forward to having SMB3 again, lol. here's hoping we get it anyway :3

Bensei

Bensei said:

I guess they still could be in, but I don't want to make it official yet. Maybe they change their minds around October and want to throw in different games? If they'd officially announce them now, they'd limit their moves.

AbuJaffer

AbuJaffer said:

Ya, once again the final 5 games are up for consideration. I hope Nintendo officially announces what games it's bringing by August 12 (unless it's actually releasing the games at that date).

Hokori

Hokori said:

happy theres no SMB3 GBA
I want games that arnt remakes for GBA exception Yoshi Island

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

You do know how sad you make this poor little pinkster, yes Mr. rep ?Untitled

The sooner you're officially announcing what these other ten games will be, the more people will buy a 3DS before the price cut. Assuming that's what they're aiming for and the games are at least as good as the ones announced so far.

Unca_LzStaff

Unca_Lz said:

@fishman: They never cancelled the games.

I don't think they mean those games aren't coming, just that they are not confirmed to be the final games on the list...yet ;)

TheGreenSpiny

TheGreenSpiny said:

Well the first 5 games are awesome. Though I'd rather have the NES version of SMB3 than the GBA. I've never played either Kirby GBA games so I wouldn't mind those be added to the list. Many of the NES games I could care less about. LoZ hasn't held up that well over the years. And SMB is boring compared to it's NES sequels.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

I don't know who you are anymore.:P

Matillion

Matillion said:

Oh well, luckily I've played Amazing Mirror before. I think I gave it away to my cousin when I was done with it. As for Advance 4, it was probably the first Mario game I played, but I think I broke it now. Also, I'd like to know about those level eCards.

ChristopherM

ChristopherM said:

Pretty obvious what happened - even at the time. The GBA version of Yoshi's Island is subtitled Super Mario Advance 3. A Nintendo rep simply misread that as "Super Mario Bros 3".

Super Mario Bros 3 is not being withdrawn or cancelled because it was never on the list.

BleachFan

BleachFan said:

Drat, SMB3 was what I was kind of looking forward to the most. :(
Still, I guess I have no right to complain, seeing as what's already coming my way in future months. ;)

Tare

Tare said:

I'd have like to try the amazing mirror, it sounds like a good game, but the fact it didn't make the cut isn't too much of a downer for me. In fact I'm pretty pleased that SMB 3 advanced was 'cut' I like the NES version, I don't really want a GBA version.

Also, we can begin speculating again as to what games will make the list.

Crunchy_in_milk

Crunchy_in_milk said:

Amazing mirror is no loss for me. I love Kirby but I already have the GBA cartridge.
If they put in the e reader levels, I'd be more than happy about SMB3 but otherwise, it'd just be a small plus for me.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

Sorry, but Amazing Mirror is one of the few Kirby games that does take the series forward and one of my top favorites of the bunches. Of course, I'll love Kirby games no matter what.

I'm hoping there will be another Kirby game that's like Amazing Mirror on 3DS. But Flagship went into defunct last I read up on them :(

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

Amazing Mirror looked cool by the look of it. Of course I'm not so disappointed with this one, but Kirby is awesome! Still glad we are getting 20 free games.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

I don't own a 3DS yet, & I still have, & actively play(esp since my original DS hinge/shoulder buttons broke) my GBA SP, & GBP on GC. I even this year bought Mario Tennis, & Super Mario Land 2. This time I won't sell them. Now I don't need Nintendo to come out w/ a virtual console GBC-link-to-N64 Mario Tennis/Golf, as I now have the actual GBC/N64 Mario Golf/Tennis carts.

I have a feeling the 3DS VC will be just as the Wii VC, including both the same pros, & cons. However, as I said, I already have my GBA carts still, & most of the GBC games I owned were all Nintendo anyway. So, I don't think the 3DS VC will be too disappointing to me, knowing what I just typed.

Edit: Now, whether, or not the 3DS VC becomes a reason for me to purchase a 3DS remains to be seen.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

I never got Amazing mirror because I was too bummed from "Nightmare in Dreaml" when I realized that it was merely a remake of my cherished "Kirby's Adventure" NES cart. What was worse, they completely ruined the minigames by replacing them with multiplayer crap, so I never got the subsequent Kirby Mirror game, which presumably may have been much better.

LOL, the "back-pedaling" pic is awesome! I had a friend at college with a fixed gear road bike, and one time we convinced him to ride his bike across the campus plaza, going backwards - he did not travel far, LOL! :P

TheGreenSpiny

TheGreenSpiny said:

@23: Don't get me wrong; I still have my gold NES cartridge. But the game itself if rather poorly designed without a whole lot of thought or logic to it. Same for #2. Zelda didn't really take off till ALTTP and LA. As for SMB even as kid I found it a little boring, I liked sequels much better.

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

Back to square one, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was in the second set of five (or not, whatever).