New Kirby Wii Shots Brighten Up Our Day

Posted by James Newton

See his return to Dreamland

Good old Kirby, always getting along with everyone for the good of the world. That's surely the reason he's teaming up with King Dedede, Meta Knight and Waddle Dee in Kirby's Return to Dreamland, coming to Wii in North America on 24th October.

Nintendo just released some suitably colourful new screenshots of the pink puffball's adventure, showing off skills such as Spark, Leaf, Sword and more, as well as the gotta-have-it face-off against Whispy Woods.

Is this one you'll be picking up on 25th October?

BenAV

BenAV said:

I won't be picking it up on October 25th as it won't be out in Australia on October 25th. :(

KaiserGX

KaiserGX said:

Too bad I already saw these. You guys should post the character art though. I think that's more of something people haven't seen yet that's not in a video.

Btw here's a high res of the cover.
Also encase anyone didn't notice they polished the graphics a bit more. Look at the Ultra Sword ability, the blocks on which the enemies are standing on are more natural looking instead of squares.

Aviator

Aviator said:

Wait, it says that it's being released on the 24th, yet your asking if we will pick it up on the 25th?

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Fire Kirby looks really cool. And it's not a Kirby game without Whispy Woods!

Late

Late said:

This is a Kirby game I've been waiting for and I'll pre-order it so I can play it with my family members :) I just had a thought: If Whispy Woods is really easy in every game with only one player, how easy will it be with 4 players?

@MrMagpie: I noticed the same thing
@DrCruse: Whispy Woods is a must boss in Kirby game!

pikku

pikku said:

I dunno. Might wait for a price drop, even though those graphics are pretty. Kirby games just don't have enough replay value for me >.>

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

These screenshots look terrific (except for how cute Dedede suddenly looks.).
Can't wait to pick it up in December.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Looks quite beautiful, actually. Love the lil' nods to Nintendo characters/games... was skeptical, but my arm could be twisted.

armoredghor

armoredghor said:

Looks like it plays pretty well. The ammo system for the powerups will be a nice change of pace along with the specials. Could use a graphics tuneup though. It looks weak for a wii game.

Drewciffer

Drewciffer said:

Definitely getting this. Awe Im gunna be broke at XMAS with Starfox, Zelda, Mario Kart, Mario Land, Icarus and now this coming out. FML

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

4 players action!!! it´s a must buy

(and xenoblade and pandora´s tower??)

Meta-Rift

Meta-Rift said:

I just noticed that one shot shows four people playing as Kirby. I thought it was supposed to be like NSMBW where player one is Kirby, and everyone else chooses one of the minor minor characters.

ueI

ueI said:

Any player can be any available character, except for player 1, who must be Kirby.

Hokori

Hokori said:

@18 well it is a GCN kinda, but I disagree it looks amazing for a wii/GCN game. all the characters look like they did in SSBB

Punny

Punny said:

These screens are gorgeous! It's also nice to see that the other players can play as different colored Kirbys instead of the three other characters. This game is going to be a blast! :)

Teh-Ray

Teh-Ray said:

Second screenshot:
Kirby, Kirby, and Kirby confirmed for Kirby Returns to Dreamland.

This makes me all kinds of happier.

NassaDane

NassaDane said:

I have waited 11 years for this game! And it looks like it will be Worth the wait! Just hope the next wait won't be so long.

rjejr

rjejr said:

New Kirby Wii

I read this and immediately thought - oh no, they changed the name again!!

I'm really looking forward to this, but with R&C:A4O coming out a week earlier this may wind up under the Christmas tree like last years Kirby's Epic Yarn (and Epic Mickey, and Singstar, and Pikachu's Adventure - Santa didn't play favorites).

JimLad

JimLad said:

Does anyone remember when Epic Yarn came out, if you registered the stars Nintendo would ask you to take a survey about the game for an extra 50. It had all sorts of questions about KEY and some about New Super Mario Bros regarding the 4 player.
I wonder if the result was this game...