More Mutant Mudds Screenshots

Posted by Corbie Dillard

New details and world revealed

With the recent Nintendo news that Renegade Kid's upcoming 3DS eShop game Mutant Mudds is being targeted for a December release, the developer has decided to release a handful of new screenshots to celebrate the occasion. You can check out the five brand new screenshots in the gallery below.

Of particular importance in the new group of shots is the cloud world being shown off for the first time. Mutant Mudds Creative Director Jools Watsham was kind enough to explain one of the key additions to the cloud world and how it will affect the gameplay throughout the area:

The 3D cloud blowers are introduced in the fourth world, Cloudsville. The clouds can be helpful or hazardous, depending on the situation. If caught in their air stream, they blow you forward to the next plane. This may be safetly to a platform, or into deadly spikes!

We also got the chance to ask him about the various gauges located at the bottom of the screens, which he informed us are a hover gauge meter, represented by the blue bar on the lower-left side of the screen, and the power-up display on the lower-right side of the screen.

Your Grandma can hook you up with power-ups throughout your journey. Remember, she has an unhealthy obsession for Golden Diamonds! The power-ups are Extended Hover, Vertical Boost, and Power Shot. All of these can be used to gain access to secret areas.

We'll keep you updated on any new information regarding Mutant Mudds and we're hoping to have a preview of the game as we get closer to its December release.

Squid

Squid said:

Throw in a good trailer and this very well may be on my 3DS menu. :)

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I added the E3 trailer. It should give you an idea of how the game is played. But you can't fully appreciate this one until you see it in 3D and play it for yourself. :D

SwerdMurd

SwerdMurd said:

this visual style is weeeird. In a good way...kinda....I dunno I'm undecided but really, really interested. Don't remember the last time my eyes were this conflicted.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Thanks for adding that trailer! This game looks really cool! I can't wait to try it out for myself. I only wish it was coming out sooner.:(

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

That trailer was beautiful! I haven't been so amazed in a while. The music, the graphics, the jumping between foreground and background. It's all so beautiful! I'm so excited for this game!

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

Wow, this game is looking so great. I can't wait until the release, definitely sure to get this as soon as it comes.

ImDiggerDan

ImDiggerDan said:

I seriously would have loved to make this game. I always wanted to work on a platform shooter after playing Metroid Fusion. Love the retro graphics, too. So glad they didn't make this in 3D after all.

Samholy

Samholy said:

awesome. it really reminds me the snes era. i want it, really. instant buy when it comes out.
more devs should consider going to the 2d old school creation. it fits so well on the 3ds !

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

MAN ! I had high hopes for this game but the smoothness of gameplay and the level design look more amazing. than i could have dreamt of.
Best fresh game since Henry Hatsworth ? Looks that way. :D

WhiteJudge

WhiteJudge said:

awesome! the sound, the level design, the overall difficulty, and best of all... GBA graphics, insta-buy for me!

littlebigplanet

littlebigplanet said:

It seems to take a lot from shantae. Catchy music, switching between backround and foreground. And we all know how awesome Shantae: Riskeys Revenge was. take my money

Supereor

Supereor said:

This game looks addictive, I wanna see a trailer soon and I'm gonna have to save about $12 for this game. Hope it's not a downloadable sequel, like Shantae, than I'd go nuts over trying to play the prequel, like I did Shantae, because I stole it from from one of my friends, (Risky's Revenge)and now I really wanna try the actual game.