Gamescom Shinobi Shots are Certainly Stylish

Posted by James Newton

Living up to the name?

A lot has been written about Griptonite Games' forthcoming attempt to resurrect the classic SEGA franchise Shinobi for 3DS. Not everyone is on board with the game's graphical direction, but it's certainly looking stylish in these new screenshots below.

The game — which is now delayed until November — is the first Musashi outing in eight years, so a lot is riding on SEGA and Griptonite to bring the Shinobi name back to its glory days.

We'll see how the title fares in November.

RoyalBlur

RoyalBlur said:

I'm hoping to buy this for Christmas. I like the stylized artistic flare this game has.

Shadowflash

Shadowflash said:

I don't know why people are complaining about the graphics. They look fine to me. Besides, the 3DS can't hold anything like HD anyways.

Blaze

Blaze said:

It's not the looks that bother me, it's that it looks like something you'd put on DSiWare. I think I'll give this a miss, but if the reviews come in at around the 80-90mark, I might reconsider. :-)

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I'm looking forward to the game, but I'm hoping that the graphics in the blander portions of the game will be shined up a bit... what looks like caves in the caption looks a little "too" bland to me.

ecco6t9

ecco6t9 said:

Still on the fence about this, maybe they should of stuck to sprites?

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I'm not sold on this one yet either. I hope that it turns out to be good. I'll probably just wait until I read some reviews on it first.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Yeah, the screenshots have a quite unique style that makes me hope this game will at least be a 7 / 10. If so this could be a day one buy for me. Becomes more likely the better the game gets of course. :)

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

im gonna buck the strange trend and whole heartedly say i cant wait for this one

Maggots

Maggots said:

yeah... it looks like a DS game and then they decided to make it for 3DS and keep all the assets... those textyres are pretty crappy... but if it's fun i don't care what it looks like