Europe, Your Spirit Will Avenge on 3DS VC Soon

Posted by James Newton

Get your dollface

Jaleco's Avenging Spirit is the next 3DS Virtual Console game to hit Europe; its spectre will inhabit the service and start knocking things over on 11th August.

For £2.70/€3,00 you'll be able to relive the story of a murdered mobster out for revenge in ghostly form, taking hold of 20 different creatures as you try to rescue your girlfriend. It's a classic love story, really.

The game is ESRB rated and on its way to North America so it may even land on the same day; we'll find out on Thursday 11th August.

[via nintendo.co.uk]

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I never heard of this game before but I just watched a video of it on YouTube and it looks like fun. I'll probably pick it up when I get my 3DS.

realar

realar said:

FINALLY we are one step closer to getting the GB game that I like that was one of the first to be rated on the ESRB.

Late

Late said:

Nothing for me again... I have waited three weeks for something very good to buy with my 7€... Well, I went and bought Mario's Picross (which I was gonna get first time I heard it was coming) and G&W Gallery (which I wasn't going to get until today when I decided to) then. I'm happy with these two for a while but I was waiting for some Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Pokémon. I guess I'll have to wait some more.

Ristar42

Ristar42 said:

Looks ok, but where are the Game Gear games? I want to play GG Shinobi...

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

This sounds like Ghost Trick. Looks like a more normal platformer though, with a possession mechanic nonetheless. Looks cool:) Can't wait till we get it in the 'states.

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

@Ristar: I'm with you man. I really hoped Nintendo would AT LEAST release a GG Sonic game or two for the Blue Blur's 20th Anniversary (which happened in June). Apparently, they're gonna hold onto their VC games and roll them out slowly. I guess they learned something from the Wii VC. Hopefully this means that, years from now, we'll still be getting one VC game a week instead of going months with nothing.

mumoftwokids

mumoftwokids said:

it reminds me of ghost trick lol but looks cool. definitely pick it up when i get my 3DS and it comes out in North America

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

Holy crap I've been looking for the cart version of this for a long time! If this is released in the US, no doubt I'm getting a 3DS!

KingMike

KingMike said:

That box art is terrible. It doesn't tell you anything about the game.
And misleading. You'd think you'd at least play as the mob guy, but you don't.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

That box art is terrible. It doesn't tell you anything about the game.
And misleading. You'd think you'd at least play as the mob guy, but you don't.

Terrible artwork? Not for the time. Misleading? Sure. Its basically a fun platforming game for kids. However, older gamers would have been put off by playing a 'cutesy' game and parents would have took one look at the packaging and judged it by the cover art alone as being a violent shooting game.

WarioFan63

WarioFan63 said:

@Vinsanity I don't think it's Nintendo's fault for the lack of Game Gear games. It could be that getting Game Gear to work on 3DS isn't ready yet. Which is probably more Sega's problem than Nintendo.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Looks pretty good. Think I'll give it a try when it reaches American shores!

On a side note, where are all the 3rd parties? Jaleco is the only one that's been very involved in 3DS VC. Capcom has only released Mega Man in Japan. The likes of Konami, Squeenix and Tecmo are no shows (SO anxious for the Final Fantasy GB games... never played one).

Even if companies are half-heartedly or not supporting 3DS with new games, you'd think they'd at least want to bring their Game Boy/GBC games to VC! There are so many great 3rd party games begging for release and so far it's been the Nintendo & Jaleco show (not putting Jaleco down, just pointing out the lack of other 3rd party support). That and only one GBC game have been the only 3DS VC disappointments so far.

@19
Box art doesn't have anything on Phalanx, with banjo guy, LOL!

Scottie

Scottie said:

Bothered we need a Wii VC release please, it has been too long. Mega Man X or Mega Man 5 pretty please i thank you.

LordAndrew

LordAndrew said:

@BetelgeuseWC77 What about Qix? The Game Boy version was published by Nintendo, but it's actually a Taito property. Taito is now owned by Square Enix. So we've got SE, just not in the way you'd expect. Hopefully we'll see some more from Square Enix soon that aren't just Taito games.