Capcom Sets Three Game Boy Games Onto 3DS VC

Posted by James Newton

Gargoyle's Quest next week

Capcom has supported Virtual Console on Wii for years, so it's good to see it getting behind the 3DS Virtual Console with the same gusto.

The company has just announced its line-up of 3DS Virtual Console games for the rest of the year, with some quality titles in there.

Next week in Europe sees the release of Gargoyle's Quest, followed on 15th September by Mega Man: Dr Wily's Revenge. After that, in Quarter 4, we'll see Bionic Commando infiltrate the service.

We already know that Super Mario Land 2 and Metroid II are coming to 3DS, but so far no other third party Virtual Console games have been announced.

Will you be dipping into your pockets for any of these titles?

Related Games

Difool

Difool said:

Yes,yes, yessssssss!!!!
AWesome goods news for 3DS at last!!!
3 must have games.
Only one question: original games o adapted to 3ds???

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

They're Virtual Console games. So they're the original games obviously.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

Gargoyle's Quest looks good. Remember reading about that one on here at some time. It's good that the service will be picking up later this year. :)

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

Sounds great ! Especially Gargoyle's Quest. But i'm quite sure i'll download Mega Man too watered down port my a** ;). Not yet sure if the same goes for Bionic Commando too.

Samholy

Samholy said:

i loved bionic commando for NES, but i remember being angry at the gameboy version.
megaman was hell. HELL. hardly ever got that pissed at poor design and illogical level of difficulties. i wanted to forget it. forever.

at least, gargoyle will be a great deal.

SilentHunter382

SilentHunter382 said:

Never played any of these games. I think I will get Megaman but I'll need to find out more about Gargoyle's Quest before I think about buying it.

Link79

Link79 said:

I will Definitely be getting Gargoyles quest.
Never played it but I hear good things.
Oh and will somebody tell Capcom We want Demon's Quest on Snes as well?
That game deserves a second chance.

Rawk_Hawk

Rawk_Hawk said:

I'd like to know more about the Bionic Commando game. I was not familiar with the handheld version

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Nintendo...why dont you do something amazing. Something that would shock everyone in Europe and NA. Release more than 1 VC game in one week. I know it's a hard idea to get your head around but COME ON!

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

gargoyles quest sounds interesting can anyone explain what type of game it is?

GeminiSaint

GeminiSaint said:

@18: Gargoyle's Quest is basically a side-scrolling action platformer with quite a few RPG elements (there's an overworld map with an overhead view and your character has stats you can level up). It's pretty fun.

I'll get it along with Mega Man. Not sure about Bionic Commando yet. I'll wait for the review first.

Birdman

Birdman said:

I'll be sure to check out all three, though I'll be sure to wait for the reviews.

Sabrewing

Sabrewing said:

Sweet, Gargoyle's Quest. Wonder if this means that GQ2 and Demon's Crest will hit the Wii's Virtual Console?

Ren

Ren said:

yes! All great games that I only borrowed from friends the first time around, but too hard to win over a weekend back then. If I remember correctly Bio Commando was pretty similar to the NES one and tough as nails, too. great!

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Its quite difficult and it'll take a while for a newcomer to get used to it. I'm going to get it as soon as its released here but I probably won't have the patience for it if I had never played it before. Its based on the original NES game but has different stage layouts.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

YES GARGOYLES QUEST! Can you tell I'm excited. One of my all time favorites. I was hoping for this but didn't expect it so soon!

DavynD

DavynD said:

Gargoyle's Quest and Bionic Commando, DO WANT.

The Gameboy Megaman games frustrated the heck outta me back in the day. It all depends on the price for that one.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I only dabbled in Gargoyles Quest and liked it... I'm debating if I'll pick it up. It's a given I will play MM:WR as I'm a MM fan, and I can never get enough Bionic Commando, if that version is worth playing i.e. Good stuff overall though.

TheKingOfTown

TheKingOfTown said:

lol What happened to the Capcom boycott from when they cancelled Mega Man Legends 3? people have already seem to forgot.

iphys

iphys said:

I still have my copy of Bionic Commando, but being able to save progress would be sweet — hmmm, tempting.

tanookisuit

tanookisuit said:

Mario, Gargoyle's Quest and Mega Man yes... Metroid maybe, Bionic Commando not even if it were free. :D

Wolfenstein83

Wolfenstein83 said:

Wow, excellent news!
Funny how firebrand is green on the cover, when we all know he is actually red.
I remember the advert for that game in a magazine years ago, "Graphics so real, you'll forget it's only a game."
I thought it was hilarious because obviously 8-bit, black and white sprites don't look very realistic, but what do I know?
In any case, I loved the game, and the sequel on the NES.
Oh, and the third in the series...Demons Crest!
Capcom, please put Demons Crest on the VC...I have been a good boy this year and I want an early Christmas gift, thank you.
Heck, even a new game in the series would be nice. (Capcom people, are you out there reading this?)

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

Gargoyle's Quest looks pretty good. Never heard/played it, so giving it a shot wouldn't be hard. Thanks Capcom for the news!

Powerglove

Powerglove said:

Mega Man is a must download. I never downloaded any of the NES ones for the Wii's VC since I already played them all in the Anniversary Collection for GC.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Gargoyle's Quest. Been waiting for to play that game for years. I've read mostly good things about it but never actually played it. I'm unfamiliar with a non-NST developed Bionic Commando so I'll wait for a review on that one.

littlebigplanet

littlebigplanet said:

I hope they put all the other megamans, too. Megaman is one of the greatest franchise from the 8bit era (besides all the nintendo ones).