A Better Look at Those Samus Aran Statues

Posted by Nintendo Life Staff

Zeroing in

Last weekend saw some new Metroid: Other M figures revealed, and now we have some decent photos of the statues courtesy of Tomopop and Tokyo Hunter.

Zero Suit Samus is stood next to a baby Metroid, whereas the poseable Power Suit version of the heroine just comes as-is ready to save the universe, presumably.

We're sure some savvy Internet importers will pick these up for sale in the West, so if you're desperate to get your hands on Miss Aran there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

[via tomopop.com]

daznsaz

daznsaz said:

im not the type of person that spends money on that type of thing.but they do look good

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

If Adam had survived and played his cards right, there's a good chance he'd have eventually gotten his "hands on Miss Aran" (or Mrs. Malchovich), in which case he'd have been envied by male humans throughout the galaxy. ;)

JayceJa

JayceJa said:

i dont like the zero suit samus statue, its too shiny and the face looks off, the power suit looks great though

Ren

Ren said:

yeah, Zero suit thing is cheesy to me, and defeats the spirit of what I think Samus represents from early Nintendo games. She is Not a fantasy sex object, she is a take no BS bounty hunter, and that she is a woman is just a cool aside that is revealed at the end. It's stupid that people still try to sexualize her so much.

suburban_sensei

suburban_sensei said:

While Zero Suit Samus will always be sexy, I would much rather own the Power Suit statue. I agree with Ren, it has nothing to do with her being a bounty hunter.

SMW

SMW said:

I would definitely pick up the power suit one if I had the cash. I was never a fan of the zero suit.

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

There is definitely camel toe on ZSS. At least they didn't make each boob the size of her head. I guess it fits her new submissive personality.

TheGreenSpiny

TheGreenSpiny said:

Those boobs look too small for Other M Samus, otherwise very cool looking from the picts. I might buy these if they weren't too expensive.

SuperLink

SuperLink said:

As a Metroid fan, I would rather have the Power Suit figure.

But as a guy, I would rather have the Zero Suit figure. ;)

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

I saw these. I definately like them. I can get around the beauty mark (even though I'm still not a fan of it), but I maintain my stance on the high heels and hips sashaying like that. High heels are impractical for combat and I don't know anyone whose hips sway like that. Then again, this is the woman who can curl herself up into a perfect spherical ball, so maybe it's the Chozo DNA striking again.

Although I would still get both because they look damn awesome. ^^;

MetroidMasher17

MetroidMasher17 said:

I agree with @8 and @9. Zero Suit Samus is, and always has been, overly sexualized.

However, there's nothing bad about that poseable Power Suit. :P Though it sucks that her hand is in a fist. No finger movement. Then again, it would be really hard to make all those joints and all...

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

How is Zero Suit Samus sexualized ? You don't even see her nipples. :P
I mean to me it already seems strange to get Bikini shots of her for being fast / collecting all items. While it sure provides some motivation for multiple playthroughs though.

And yeah, that Power Suit figure is just gorgeous.

legendofganon

legendofganon said:

Personally, I'd like one with Samus in the power suit holding her helmet in her arm. I would show her beauty and badassitude!