The Oregon Trail to Settle Down on Wii & 3DS

Posted by Zach Kaplan

Fording rivers and catching cholera has never been so exciting

If you went through public school in the United States, chances are The Oregon Trail was an important part of your childhood. It's already trekked to DSiWare via Gameloft, but now GameFly lists a retail version fording the Wii and 3DS rivers this November.

It's coming from Red Wagon Games, who is bringing out May's Mysteries: The Secret of Dragonville in the states as well. We're hoping to see a version that's packed with enough supplies to give this classic game value as a full retail release, not something that is too weak to make the trip.

Do you want to load this into your wagon?

[via gamefly.com, gamefly.com]

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

considering I can get it as DSiWare for a fraction of the full 3DS-game retail price... all i can do is wonder what they're bringing to the table to set this game apart from everything that's come before it, because it's gonna hafta be frickin' amazing to garner any real interest.

Squid

Squid said:

Sounds only good for a --Ware title. I doubt even if I had the upmost interest in it, I would buy it for $40/$50, unless there was something huge added to it. But, doesn't look that great. shrugs shoulders Whatever. e_e

grumblebuzzz

grumblebuzzz said:

I won't buy games that are available on Facebook for free. Not because they're free there, but because they are not quality titles. And full-retail release? Definitely not.

pixelman

pixelman said:

@tbd: Gameloft's piece of sh*t is not real Oregon Trail. I can't wait for the 3DS version. <3

lunarkitty

lunarkitty said:

Well, I want it.. I really hope there's things added to make it a justifiable retail release though..

bonesy91

bonesy91 said:

Do want this! If it stays faithful to the PC version then this will be an Instant buy for me! "drools"

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

OMG I remember playing this game all the time in elementary school. I will defiantly be checking this one out. Might not buy this one right away but I will at least rent it.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

Perfect.
Not only did I never get this on dsiware, but it's going to be I'n 3D and some of the features I'n the dsiware one can simply make good streetpass possibilities.

Kriedler

Kriedler said:

Just make the DSiWare version available in Europe, christ. I loved that game as a kid :P

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Well this shores up those complaints we had about no Wii games this year. I'm sure this will be much better than the Last Story, Xenoblade or Pandora's Tower. Sign me up for some dysentery.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

I've got a family member getting into gaming, & this might encourage to game more.

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

Fun to play the remake, I fine not riding in the wagon train again though. Maybe my girlfriend will ask me to get it since she loved it so much.

Moco_Loco

Moco_Loco said:

If it's any good, it might be a good chance to get dysentery together as a family on the Wii. I'm not sure I want dysentery in 3D, however...

KoruSensei

KoruSensei said:

Thank God that Capcom isn't developing this or producing this... or else they might axe its release and blame the fans' lack of participation in the project...

BulbasaurusRex

BulbasaurusRex said:

I don't know about a retail release, but it's something to keep an eye on, especially since the DSiWare version is one of the few DSiWare games I can't get on my 3DS.

eviLaTtenDant

eviLaTtenDant said:

Deeso wrote:

Just make the DSiWare version available in Europe, christ.

I'd also like the Gameloft version there.
But since this is from a different dev i hope they can make the retail price worthwhile.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Good, I'll get it then. I had a feeling it would come to 3DS eventually, but I'll wait and see which of the two versions are better.

Ryno

Ryno said:

Man, playing this was my favorite way to pass time in elementary school! The hunting was so fun!

noxusprime06

noxusprime06 said:

i want it but i might get it used casue i dont think its worth the money. also i wish the dsi was available for 3ds its on my xl only :(