SEGA Finally Makes Aliens: Infestation Official

Posted by James Newton

Bursting from the chest of secrets

Retail rumours and ESRB age ratings let us know that Aliens: Infestation was approaching, and now SEGA has finally lifted the lid on its upcoming DS title.

Developed by WayForward in conjunction with Aliens: Colonial Marines developer Gearbox Software, the game features typically handsome WayForward sprite work and apparently boasts a cast of nearly 20 playable characters.

We have the first screenshots below. Aliens: Infestation is making a move for DS in September.

IS THAT A PULSE RIFLE IN YOUR POCKET OR ARE YOU JUST HAPPY TO SEE ME?

SEGA Announces Aliens: Infestation for Nintendo DS – A Side-scrolling Action Adventure Set in the ALIENS Expanded Universe

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (July 20th, 2011) – SEGA® Europe Ltd. and SEGA® of America, Inc. today announced Aliens: Infestation™ for Nintendo DS™, bringing the action-packed experience of the popular ALIENS™ film series to Nintendo’s best-selling handheld console in September 2011. Players will be able to recruit and play as 19 different marines, each with their own unique dialogue, and explore iconic environments including the Sulaco, the Derelict ship, and LV-426. Aliens: Infestation is an action-heavy side-scrolling exploration game and will be part of the ALIENS expanded universe.

Developed by WayForward in collaboration with Gearbox Software, Aliens: Infestation will pit players against the overwhelming Xenomorph hive using a vast selection of iconic weapons and tools from the series. Featuring character designs by popular comic artist Chris Bachalo and equipped with an upgrade and collectibles system, Aliens: Infestation will allow players to explore large-scale versions of some of the most fan-beloved environments of the iconic films.

“In contrast to our other Aliens title in the works at the moment, Aliens: Infestation delivers a game that focuses more on exploration of the expanded universe,” comments Gary Knight, Senior Vice President of Marketing, SEGA West. “WayForward really put all their passion into making Aliens: Infestation the definitive Aliens experience that you can fit in your pocket.”

Aliens: Infestation will be available September 2011 on Nintendo DS.

Azikira

Azikira said:

I dont know about anyone else, but I seriously hope a Predator would be a secret character. I mean, I will buy it either way, but it would be fun as heck to play my favorite alien race blasting Xeno's on the go!

Azikira

Azikira said:

-I also wonder if some sort of Multiplayer will be included. I'd love blasting Xeno's with my buddies, too~

NassaDane

NassaDane said:

Man I haven't played a game like this since the Jurassic Park game on the Sega Genesis. Very pumped for this.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

And here I thought Kirby: Mass Attack! was the last title worth getting for the DS. B-) WayForward did an excellet job with Contra 4, so I'm pretty pumped for this one!

Retrogamer88

Retrogamer88 said:

i love 2D on the DS because it looks great!,and i am excited for this games so i cant wait to play it,

hell yeah NassaDane! haha jurassic park on the Genesis was the bomb,good times,i liked the second JP game on the Genesis more because you could use the raptor as a playable character!

sykotek

sykotek said:

Day one purchase! Cancel this again SEGA and you'll lose my business for the next year, seriously.

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

Awesome! A Metroid-style sidescrolling shooter! Definitely looks promising, especially since its WayForward. Kinda doubt I'll buy it, though... Maybe I'll look for it on sale, cuz you know it probably won't sell very well, unfortunately.

Nintendawg

Nintendawg said:

Finally! It was about two years ago that I first heard of this game being cancelled and was really disappointed...
And you know that if it's anything like Contra 4 it's going to be great!
Pre-ordered :)