Renegade Kid Shopping ATV Wild Ride 3D to Publishers

Posted by Corbie Dillard

ATV sequel takes shape on 3DS

Renegade Kid, best known for its work on such DS titles as Dementium and Moon, is already hard at work on a 3DS sequel to its DS ATV racing title ATV Wild Ride.

ATV Wild Ride 3D will take many of the same racing conventions of its predecessor, but this time the developer is tossing in a wealth of new gameplay functions, not to mention a full 3D racing experience on Nintendo's 3DS system.

While development of the game is already well underway, Renegade Kid is looking to hook up with a publisher in order to bring the game to players via retail, as creative director Jools Watsham explains:

Much like how we developed Dementium on our own before partnering with a publisher, we have developed ATV Wild Ride 3D to a playable stage on the 3DS so we can demonstrate it to publishers. We are seeking a publishing partner to help us bring this game to the market.

You can check out a video of the game in action below and we'll keep you posted on any new developments regarding the project as they become available.

[via atvwildride.com]

Xkhaoz

Xkhaoz said:

Well, hopefully this will accumulate more sales than the first one, which i'm guessing didn't do well.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

Why do their games take so long to come out in Europe? I don't care for this game but its predecessor hasn't even got a release date for Europe and I don't think Dementium II (which I do care about) ever came out in Europe even though it was supposed to last year.

SilverBaretta

SilverBaretta said:

Those stock voice clips are kinda irritating, but it looks like it could be fun with some more polish.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Hopefully it will be easier to find than it's predecessor.

If this is online like Face Racers and manages to keep the framerate I saw in the video then this will be a must have.

TheBaconator

TheBaconator said:

If your body turns into an uncontrollable rag doll when you crash, similar to the Motorstorm and MX vs ATV games, I'm in.

sykotek

sykotek said:

It took me FOREVER to find the first one. Even now, the only place I've seen that carries ATV Wild Ride in stores is at Toys R Us, but even then, it's mixed in with all the other bargain bin DS games and that's not a good thing for exposure of a new title IMO.

Seriously, if you're reading this, Renegade Kid, please consider releasing it digitally on 3DSWare instead. You'll likely sell more and thus make much more that way. I mean, I'll buy it regardless because I'm a fan, but if you're trying to make money, a $39.99 3DS cart release following a bargain bin $19.99 DS game is not the way to go.

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

I'm happy that the game is a work in progress, because that video completely deterred me away from the game. Hopefully it will evolve into something more substantial (which it almost undoubtedly will).

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

I got this game on DS on an on sale rack for about 10-15$ and it sucked. This doesn't look too appealing, just annoying. Agreed, 3DSWare would handle this better than retail.

TheGreenSpiny

TheGreenSpiny said:

Coming from Renegade Kid I'd expect nothing less than top notch graphics (and framerate) and well as impeccable controls, at least judging by thier Dementium and Moon games. The track design didn't look too bad from the video, hopefully they'll have cool and creative courses to race on. Nothing I hate more than a racing game with lackluster track designs. (You hear that Need for Speed?!)

Vinsanity

Vinsanity said:

That's kinda neat. Cannot imagine the appeal of an ATV game though. Not really what I would like to play on my 3DS. That being said, once the tech is done, it would be really cool to see them incorporate it into their next game. Like a shooter with a vehicle component?

I want these guys to make a new Turok. There's some ex-Iguana guys at Renegade Kid, right?