New Zelda: Skyward Sword Trailer is Right on Target

Posted by James Newton

The strongest Link?

While we anxiously await a release date for Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, have a new trailer for the game straight from San Diego Comic-Con.

The trailer is 1:45 of pure gameplay footage and shows the return of the Gorons, the evil (and goth-tastic) Lord Ghirahim and plenty more aspects of the game we haven't seen yet.

We got to try out Link's latest recently and our full hands-on preview will be live on the site later today.

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

Isn't this 99% similar to the last trailer...? It certainly doesn't qualify as "brand new" ;)

Anyway, like Twilight Princess this trailer also shows being chased by a boss, I wonder if they actually leave it in the game this time.

Additionally, I need the creature at 1:15 stuffed on my mantelpiece. Favourite creature design in any TLOZ, ever. More Totoro-inspired and quirky designs, please.

timp29

timp29 said:

@1 Spot on, it only has about 10 seconds of new footage if that.

Still, I am very VERY keen for this game. My Wii's last harrah!

Burny

Burny said:

@tealovertoma
Let's stay realistic here: It's about 90% footage from the E3 trailer. ;)

Do you want that penguin thingy with open or with closed tail?
open
half closed
closed

This time, they cut out the two frames where you could see its tail open. ;)

citizenerased

citizenerased said:

@ Burny: I didn't even know it was a pinguin-bush! That's amazing. I need this creature in my life. I could just keep it in my garden and none of the neighbours would know about it.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

The only 3D Zelda I've liked is Majora's Mask, this game might change that.

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

This looks great. I'm by no means a Zelda fanatic (I'm yet to play any for more than about 30 minutes) but I can't wait for this.

Willerz

Willerz said:

This trailer isn't that new.
Oh well, I'm not going to complain as long as I know the gorons are back. :3

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Not exactly new, but that clip with the Goron was neat. The preview ought to be dish out some new goodness.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

All I can say is this looks like Zelda Fantasy. That's not a bad thing either. It looks different enough from twilight princess to get me really excited. Can't wait for this now!!

RYBlast

RYBlast said:

The game is looking great so far. I'm sure it will be better than the disappointment that is TP, and it might be better than my favourite Zelda game, MM. Who knows?

pixelman

pixelman said:

Eh? The first half was definitely not gameplay footage, lol. Looks good though.

JimLad

JimLad said:

Yeah could have sworn that was the same one from E3, you got me excited for nothing! :'(

D33G

D33G said:

Still has the backwards Zelda lullaby, hope that makes it into the game.

Scribbler

Scribbler said:

@deegan714 Miyamoto, at E3 2011, said that he had to listen to the piece over and over because it's heard everywhere as Skyward Sword's main theme. I'm fairly sure it's guaranteed to be in it.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Yeah, too bad this trailer only has a few new parts. The game looks great, though.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Hmm, slightly different trailer. Best part: There are Gorons in the game! Yeah!

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

This looks suitably epic for a 3D Zelda title :)

I adore the orchestrated soundtrack; if the game is packed full of orchestrated music it could help to make it something really special. Gameplay is vitally important, but good gameplay combined with a top class soundtrack definately gets my gaming juices flowing.

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

OMG. I cant wait for this one I will be picking this one up for sure. I actually like the graphics too. Seem kinda like a mix of the cel shading used in Wind Waker and the graphics from Twilight Princess.

lex0plex

lex0plex said:

Kinda nervous about all the controls and butons on the screen. Looks kinda hectic.

motang

motang said:

The must have game for the Wii this year...well the only game on the Wii this year worth buying if you in north America.